26 August 2012

HAZELS "DISTINCT" LIST

I like "Cheap n Cheerful's as they can refer to absolutely anything that is relatively cheap and good...I have come across many  'Cheap n Cheerful" restaurants and coffee shops over the years,some are still around but have moved out of the cheap category, whilst others have fallen by the wayside...there are also plenty of products out there than can be classed as "Cheep n Cheerful" which I would love to share with you via my blog in the future.....I think it's fitting to start off with an Alcholic CnC.....(Cheep n Cheerful)....I am actually a bit loathed to share this one with you and the reason is, it only came onto the market a few months ago and I get a sense of "Discontinuation" coming on.....which means it will join my "Distinct List". (discontinued and extinct)

Maybe I should give you some background into my alcoholic history...No! I am not a member of AA in fact far from it....for most of my "50 something" years I never drank the stuff. My husband always said that one of my many attractions....lol.. was the fact I was cheap to take out on a date, two Cokes lasted me the whole evening. Yes Coke! and I used to drink litres of the sugar laden beverage in my youth...I then made the difficult transition from being a Coke addict to become a TAB aholic (the Caffeine and sugar free version of Coke) and I have never looked back, I am now a convert and have stayed with the TAB programme.

Over the years I have found various tipples that I have enjoyed, but for some strange reason I seem to choose drinks that other people do not enjoy and hence they become extinct..discontinued....history...gone!

Many years ago there was a bottled version of Bucks Fizz manufactured by Tiffany's ...It was a Sparkling white wine and orange juice mixture. For a couple of years it was my tipple of choice but guess what? they took it off the market, much to my annoyance...Imagine for years you are unable to find a drink you like,then hey presto you find THE DRINK and then its taken from you, just like that, with no replacement....it was traumatic at the time...I remember it well!

So again several alcohol free years passed and then up popped the Bacardi Breezer range...yeah! I really liked the Cranberry flavoured one....I was back on the drinking scene. Then it happened to me again, they withdrew the Cranberry flavoured option....oh no! You may by now be wondering why didn't I just move over to the watermelon version or one of the other flavours Bacardi Breezers came in, well it wasn't that easy. I did try them all, but I just didn't like any of them...."difficult" I hear you say..well! Yes I am, as it has to be "love at first taste".

Another alcohol free year went by and then a friend came to my rescue and introduced me to Archers Aqua Cranberry.That was a few years ago and to date the Cranberry flavour is still around....thank goodness.

Archers Aqua



Ok back to my CnC alcoholic find....its from Woolworths and guess what? its the return of my Tiffany's Bucks Fizz well not quite, as its the Woolworths brand.

The Bucks Fizz cooler is 6% alcohol and the price when I first started to buy, was R29.95 and for several months its been available for R26.95 so this definitely qualifies as a Cheep n Cheerful, but for how long who knows?
It really is a refreshing drink and great for those summer Champagne breakfasts.
However I have noticed that several WW food halls, that did stock it, now are not. 
Hence my "distinct" concern.... If another drink "bites the dust" I suppose I could always just buy the champagne and the OJ and mix my own.....sounds like too much bother!

Woolworths Bucks Fizz 


Just had a thought, if you all go out and buy a bottle from your nearest WW outlet, 
this will increase the demand and hopefully prevent it from becoming another drink on 
Hazel's "Distinct" list..
If that doesn't work... then I will have just depleted my future supply....mmmm..not sure about this one...give me a second to think about it!

Ok.. I have changed my mind folks...don't buy the Woolworths Bucks Fizz... its awful...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment