27 September 2014

VICTORIA BECKHAM OPENS HER FLAGSHIP STORE IN LONDON

VB 36,Dover St,Mayfair,London


Even though I remember the Spice Girls era well..mention the name Victoria Beckham and fashion designer immediately springs to my mind, before the "all girl" band of the 90's. 
I love her style and hence I adore her fashion and accessories (especially her leather bags).
On the 25th September 2014 saw Victoria Beckham open her first store in Mayfair London. 
The 6,000 square foot shop is spread over 3 floors and by all accounts it's simply stunning. 
It reflects her modern and contemporary style perfectly and allows her designs to truly take centre stage in the minimalistic boutique.Some have even described the retail space as having an exhibition feel. 
As you can imagine the queues were forming long before opening and those tills were "ringing" non stop 
(actually Victoria thinks tills and cash registers are ugly,so all sales are rung up on sleek iPads)
I for one will make a point of visiting 36 Dover Street on my next trip to London, which just happens to be next door to Jimmy Choo, but as usual being Rand poor means 
I will have to adopt the attitude of 

"it's better to have been and seen, than never been at all"

(I have it on good authority that the cheapest item in the shop is an embossed key ring 
£165 approx R3,009)
Here are some photos...
Enjoy!


VB 

VB leather goods are positioned at the entrance to the boutique

Pieces of Fashion Artwork displayed in exhibition style

Contemporary and minimalistic 


To read previous VB posts:


No comments:

Post a Comment