5 September 2014

FRIDAY FEEDBACK


I must apologise for having neglected to share with you some of my feedback on products or services in my "Friday Feedback" post. Unfortunately this post comprises of a couple of "foodie" disappointments that I have previously recommended on my blog.

Vovo telo is a national chain of bakeries/coffee shops and the Umhlanga branch opened last year in August. Having visited several times, I always seemed to miss out on trying
 one of their Strawberry Tarts.
Eventually...success!
I enjoyed the tart with my only complaint being the lack of strawberries!
I enjoy the food at Vovotelo and frequent the Umhlanga branch often and just recently I ordered, you've guessed it, a "Strawberry Tart"!
I couldn't believe my eyes, as they are now using even less strawberries than they were last year......I did air my dissapointment only to be told "that's the way we do it now".
You decide for yourself by looking at the pictures below....

Vovo Telo Strawberry Tart last year

Vovotelo Strawberry Tart recently

A standard Strawberry Tart in France

To read my previous posts on Vovo Telo





My next "foodie" moan is about La Maison coffee shop in Durban North. 
I have been a couple of times with my BFF and we both really enjoyed their 
toasted sandwiches especially the chicken mayo and they also make the most divine 
Yoghurt and Lemon drizzle cake ( the cakes on offer change daily). 
On our weekly catch up last week we were both so dissapointed with the "Sarmie" the filling and their bread were different and to be honest it wasn't nice. 
The owner wasn't around for us to query with her, but we did find out that their had been a complete change of staff recently, so there lies the problem...
hopefully this little Durban North gem will be back on track soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment