11 September 2014

REKORDERLIG IS BEAUTIFULLY SWEDISH

I am so excited..as I have found a new alcoholic drink (4% Alcohol) that I really like
 (a long story - Click here to find out more
Rekorderlig is "Beautifully Swedish" and was introduced to the public of Durbs during the Pick n Pay Taste of Durban back in July 2014 and I can't wait for it to
 appear on the bottle store shelves 
(which is supposed to be sometime during September in Durban). 
Already popular around the world I have no doubts that this fruity, refreshing, alcoholic beverage will be a huge success and will blend easily into our sunny outdoor lifestyle.




I hope this truck is on its way to Durbs


Now I am not a cider lover and guess what this drink is? it's a cider, but it's made from pears and not from apples, as is with most ciders, so that's where the difference for me lies... 

Just a bit of background to this drink...
The Swedish name Rekorderlig' (pronounced Re-kor-deer-lee') in English means reliable, trustworthy and down-to-earth'. Established in 1999 and produced in a fourth-generation brewery in Vimmerby, Sweden; Rekorderlig is made using the purest spring water and finest quality fruit.

I understand there will only be 3 of the 9 flavours initially available in SA and lucky for me two of those contain my favourite fruits, Strawberry and Berries. 
I was able to sample all 3 at the Pick n Pay Taste of Durban recently.

Wild Berries
Strawberry & Lime
Pear



Rekorderlig Stand at Pick n Pay Taste of Durban


As you can imagine it was my "base" for this food n drinks event. Not only were their bright red bean bags comfy, but it also meant that I could recharge, refresh and sample yet another flavour.


3 Refreshing,cool, long cider drinks

The drink itself is best served as a long drink over ice and garnished with appropriate fruit,
but I particularly enjoyed it just served well chilled in a wine glass, preferably a large one! Rekorderlig is in my opinion a beautiful, easy drinking, fragrant, smooth and delicious drink and the quality of both the Spring water and the real fruit definitely comes through in the taste and has left me literally craving for more.






The price is anticipated to be higher than other similar type ciders, but one thing to 
consider is the bottle holds 500mls.
I was kindly given some bottles to take home and I am hooked on this "Beautifully Swedish" drink, so "roll on" with the national "roll out" , as I for one is waiting patiently in sunny Durbs!


My "Fave" Wild Berries


To find out more visit







No comments:

Post a Comment