2 June 2019

DIPTYQUE INFUSED FACE OIL {REVIEW}

      Think of beautiful French high-end fragrant candle brand and the name diptyque immediately springs to mind, think of French high-end skincare brand and diptyque would be the last brand to spring to mind, but they do have a small range of skincare products available and I for one wasn't aware of this...


I was recently given samples of their Infused Face Oil to try by
Skins Cosmetics in Sandton Johannesburg and to be honest I threw them into
my sample jar with no intention of ever trying.

I had several reservations about trying a skincare product, especially a face oil 
from a brand that is so synonymous with home fragrance.
I found it slightly odd that they would venture into skincare when they have both mastered and captured such a niche market with their great offerings in
 "fragrance for the home".
Feeling rather dismissive of this product I then decided to trial it for the week,
 as my Sunday Sample.

The claims from diptyque are pretty standard for any facial oil, as most good facial oils will

Boosts radiance, revitalizes and smoothes the skin and restores the skin’s natural vitality. 
So what is so different about this oil from any other facial oil?
(Having only used the oil nightly for a week I can only comment on my first impressions,so I'm unable to review any long term benefits)
As always with diptyque products, the packaging is simple but impactful, with the clear dropper bottle allowing you to see the pretty rose petals (key ingredient) suspended in the amber oil.
Countless rose petals float in this feathery oil, each petal continues to diffuse their moisturising powers as they steep in the oil, further enhancing this remarkable potion.

The soft fragrance of White Iris Extract, Almonds and Rose Petals immediately gives this oil a beautiful soft, powdery, rose fragrance that I absolutely adored.This fast absorbing dry oil has a surprisingly light and non greasy formula, yet offered my skin comfort, softness and moisturisation.
More serum-like than oil,it contains high concentrations of active ingredients that work to give your skin a feel-good factor and my skin did feel good.

There are many ways to use this Infused Face Oil and it can be used by all skin types: 
A.M. apply 1 to 2 drops all over a freshly cleansed face
 P.M. massage 3 to 4 drops on the face for a relaxing moment of well-being
To enhance the skin’s radiance, add a drop of Infused Face Oil to your face cream in the palm of your hand.
It was so easy to incorporate into my existing beauty routine and you'll be glad to know
its Paraben-free; phthalate-free; sulfate-free; artificial color-free; TEA-free; DEA-free; PEG-free; PPG-free; silicone-free; aluminum-free.

As you can tell from this review I've been won over by this rather understated beauty product, one that sits on the shelf alongside its more infamous candle, room sprays and diffuser relatives.
I feel somewhat bad now for tossing the sample aside and dismissing its skincare capabilities and I'm so glad that I gave this product a chance to shine.
Once again through my blog I have stumbled upon another little beauty gem, one
that I would happily include in my current beauty regime...





DIPTYQUE
INFUSED FACE OIL
30ml


R
955


£
48



55


$
70



2 comments:

  1. Are there any similar face oils you would recommend, considering this one has been discontinued? I have been using it for years and am desperately looking for a dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's so annoying when your favourites are discontinued and unfortunately I don't know of a good dupe. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete