29 May 2019

BIONIKE DEFENCE COLOR LUMINIZER {REVIEW}



This is only the second make-up item from the Italian cosmetic brand 
BioNike
that Ive tried, the first was their Defence Pretty Touch Blusher, which was my 
"go to" blusher during the 2017/18 summer, as it was such a flattering, 
easy wearing everyday blusher.

To read that review

I have seriously lost count of how many concealers/luminizers/brighteners, 
whatever you like to call them, I have used over the years, all in the hope of
 concealing darkness under the eye area, even out the skin tone, brightening the area 
and counteracting any signs of fatigue its seems to be a never ending quest
 and whilst some do a wonderful job others 
can fail miserably.



I was sent the BioNike Defence Color Luminizer to try and I was excited to put it to the test especially after my success with the Blusher from the same collection.

This click pen luminizer claims to conceal dark circles and small imperfections, while highlighting 
facial contours and it all sounds very similar to the iconic 
YSL Touche Éclat 
I worked for YSL many years ago and this product is what truly launched
YSL onto the make-up scene, as the original and now iconic face highlighter/concealer
  claimed to 
"instantly give you 8 hours of beauty sleep in a click"

The Touch Éclat has been so coveted over the years, that nowadays there are several
good affordable options that do a very similar job, however personally I have never 
found a perfect dupe.


I was curious as to what made this luminizer different to others that I had tried 
and its main 3 properties are all what I look for in this type of product :-

Hyaluronic acid: 
a moisturiser, makes the texture silky soft.

Texturising agents: 
allow to blend product easily for a very lightweight finish and a soft-focus effect. 

Glow Factor: 
a special set of anti-oxidant and stress-relieving ingredients. 


As always the Click pens have to be primed and clicked several times until the
product oozes onto the brush tip.
The product has a fluid texture and is easy to apply and blend with
either your finger tip or a make-up blender and can be applied under foundation or over.

However I wasn't prepared for the great concealing effect that it had on
the blue area towards the inner corner of my under eye.
(The blueness is always there, as its the capillaries that can be seen under the 
skin due to that areas skin covering being very thin) 
and I'm sure many of you can relate to this blue tinge and whilst it didn't cover 100%
(that's a very difficult ask from any product)
 it did an excellent job on me.

I find that I use the Colour luminizer on the mid line to the inner corners and then another more heavy duty concealer for the outer areas.
The luminizer also brightened up my under eye area very nicely and it can also 
be used to illuminate and highlight the cheekbones.



I used shade 101 and there are only 3 shades available.
Ophthalmologically tested on sensitive eyes.
Fragrance & Preservative Free 
Its also suitable for contact lens wearers.

I think I could have found the best dupe for the YSL Touche Élact 
considering it doesn't carry the same hefty imported price tag and more importantly 
its far easier to obtain,
 as all Dischem's countrywide stock BioNike.

This is now the 2nd colour product from BioNike that I have been super impressed
with and hopefully I can find you some more BioNike make-up gems.



BIONIKE 
DEFENCE COLOR LUMINIZER


R
185














No comments:

Post a Comment