8 August 2021

SKOON.OH SHERBET! EXFOLIATING MASK {REVIEW}

SKOON. is a home grown skincare brand that
with a small, strong, women-led South African team are driving hard to
 offer more conscious choices with beauty secrets that for centuries
 have been handed down through generations of African tradition. 
(SKOON means Clean in Afrikaans)
Formulated to revive and refine, nourish, replenish and bring you the 
cleanest, kindest beauty on Earth. 

Wherever possible, their lab on a farm near Cape Town chooses potent
 natural ingredients harvested sustainably in Africa. 
Non-toxic, effective, clinically proven ingredients that are both ancient 
and incredibly modern - and boosted by science-led thinking in formulating.
SKOON. is both Clean, Kind & Scientific.

I recently received my 1st SKOON product, a full size 
OH SHERBET! Exfoliating Mask and Mask Brush 
in a beauty box and whilst it wouldn't have been a product I would have 
purchased I was glad to receive and put it to the test, as I had heard such
 good things about this mask.



The Azelaic Acid + Probiotic Clay Mask helps clears pores and exfoliate 
dull skin.

OH SHERBET! Azelaic acid 10% exfoliating clay mask can be used 
daily for breakouts. 
Gentle Cape clay is super absorbent and will further help to mop up excess 
oil and dry out bumps and blemishes. 

Other ingredients include:
Kaolin
Azalaic Acid
Glycerine
Lactobacillus
Lemon Peel Oil
Lavender & Geranium Flower Oil


Although OH SHERBET! is a wash-off mask you can also spot treat 
individual breakouts with dabs of clay mask and leave it on overnight.

 ◦ Gentle exfoliation - no harsh abrasions
 ◦ Mops up excess oil
 ◦ Reduces breakouts
 ◦ Anti-redness

Unfortunately I cannot comment on how well it deals with excess oil or 
reducing breakouts, as at my age I don't suffer from these issues, so
I'm really reviewing the exfoliating & brightening aspect of this product.


This mask can be used either AM or PM by adding a small amount of
the blush tinged Sherbet clay powder into a small bowl, add a few drops 
of water in order to create the active paste, which is then painted onto
a clean skin with the mask brush. (avoid the eye area)


The mask will change colour from the blush shade to a solid white
and as expected from a clay mask it will harden on the face. 
It's left on the skin for 5-8 minutes before rinsing off with water.
Do expect some tingling.
I personally use this mask once every couple of weeks.


I thoroughly enjoyed the more traditional process of mixing
the mask and applying with a brush, as this was how masks were
created and applied during my beauty training back in the late 70's.
Not everyone will enjoy that "tight" feel of the mask, as it dries
and hardens, which is typical of a clay mask, but I certainly did.
It was easy to both apply and remove and had a pleasant 
delicate rose fragrance.

I found the mask to be quite stimulating on my non sensitive skin
and it certainly increases the circulation, which wasn't an issue for me,
but maybe it would be for more sensitive skins.
As expected it refined, smoothed and brightened my skin and followed
 with any of my usual post exfoliation face masks, my skin always felt good.
I can only imagine how well this mask would work on an
oily and congested skin and as a specific overnight spot remedy.  

Despite this mask not being 100% for my skin type I've grown
to love a little mask mixing and applying
with a brush, as it seems to add something extra to my 
more leisurely pamper sessions and I highly recommend.



SKOON.
OH SHERBET! 
EXFOLIATING MASK
40g


R
599.95

NO MESS BRUSH

R129.95

Visit





No comments:

Post a Comment