17 May 2022

QUICKIE PRODUCT REVIEW {QPR} MAY 2022

I have a mixed bag of some "hits" and some "misses" in 
this QPR post.
All of these 4 make-up items were inclusions in my 
2 Beauty Advent calendars,
so hence the shades were not of my choosing.



1.

Brand : NARS
Product : VELVET MATTE LIP PENCIL
Shade : DOLCE VITA
Price : $27






This NARS Cult-favourite Velvet Matte Lip Pencil instantly delivers the impact
 of a matte lipstick, but in a soft chunky pencil form.
I found it to be long lasting with a non-drying formula, good colour
pay-off and super easy to apply.
Unfortunately the shade was not ideal for me and whilst I am using 
to outline my lips I'm finding I cannot use to fill in the lips due to the
shade not being correct.
Would I buy in another shade, probably not...

Verdict : 5/10


2.

Brand : SHISEIDO
Product : COLOUR GEL LIPBALM
Shade : 107 DAHLIA
Size : 2g
Price : $26






This lightweight-yet-hydrating balm melds provide the perfect amount 
of structure and slip. 
Infused with patented humectant technology, this balm-lipstick hybrid 
offers lasting moisture and comfort, leaving lips feeling softer.
It offers a semi-sheer coverage and a delicate, shiny finish.
Again the shade wasn't exactly what what I would have chosen, but it was
 wearable and I liked the formula and the packaging very much.


Verdict : 7/10



3.

Brand : LAURA MERCIER
Product : CAVIAR EYE STICK COLOR STICK
Shade : AU NATUREL
Price : $16




Over the past couple of years I've really enjoyed a cream eyeshadow,
especially in a stick/crayon format.
This long-wearing versatile eyeshadow stick delivers effortless application.
Pigment-rich shades glide seamlessly onto lids.
 Creamy formula gives you plenty of time to smudge, blend, line, fill or define, 
so it's easy to create any look.
It's crease and transfer resistant and layers easily.
Again the shade wouldn't have been of my choosing and as the name 
suggests its Au Naturel, which is rather a nondescript shade.
I, personally, highly rate the BYTERRY Ombre Blackstar Color Fix 
Cream Eyeshadows and have several and if you would like to read 
my original review click Here
 

Verdict : 5 /10



4.

Brand : BY TERRY
Product : BLENDER SPONGE
Price : R90




Having been a fan of the "Beauty Blender" for many years
I was quite happy to see this appear behind one of the
doors in my advent calendar and I'm glad to report back
that I love it and would say I prefer it to my BB.
Can be used wet or dry.
I'm enjoying the shape, the squishiness and the way it feels
in my hand and it seems to be lasting well with no breaking 
up of the sponge.
 I think in the future these will be my blending sponge of choice.

Verdict : 9/10





No comments:

Post a Comment