4 February 2013

TINTED MOISTURIZERS {FINAL REVIEW}

Way back in November 2012, I thought I would go off in pursuit of a "Tinted Moisturizer" for summer, one that I liked...
Tinted moisturizers have been around for many years, and most houses at one time or another have had, as part of their product selection.
If you have read my intro post, you will know that I am not a "fan", To read click here as they didn't offer me enough coverage at the time, and that was that....but to be fair, research and development have elevated these "moisturizers with a tint" into the realms of semi foundations,radiance enhancers,sun creams, line softeners and exceptional hydrators, all in one! 



I tried these four, as featured above and have posted more detailed reviews over the past few weeks:

I originally set out to find a dual purpose tinted moisturizer for use at the weekends "au naturel" and if required, during the week with a little concealer, blush etc. and most importantly, it has to contain an SPF..Easy task I thought...
Well easy.....it was not!
In order to give each product a fair trial, I used daily for a week, encountering an array of climatic conditions.
Unfortunately the Sisley Tinted Moisturizer with Botanical Extracts was a true moisturizer with a slight tint and really didn't offer me anything more and was the most expensive!
However, if I were looking for just a tinted moisturizer to use on the weekends, the Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Tinted Luminescence Moisturizing Cream SPF 15 would be my choice, as I really enjoyed the dewy, radiant look it gave to my skin when worn alone and it had that all important SPF of 15.
The Clarins Hydra Quench Tinted Moisturizer would have been perfect if I were looking for a tinted moisturizer that would replace my usual foundation, as it gave me a medium coverage and was a perfect base for my other make-up products. It also contained an SPF 6.
The product that ticked all my boxes and more... was the Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15. It was sufficiently moisturizing for my normal to dry, mature skin, it gave me a light to medium coverage, the shade was perfect and it offered me an SPF of 15..and it was the cheapest of all the test products! I am not going to "ditch" my foundation completely, just yet, as I will still need it for the days and evenings that I want a heavier coverage and a more "glam' look!


If I were to give you some advice; be very sure of what you are wanting from a tinted moisturizer, before you venture out to the cosmetic counters and don't hestitate to ask the consultant for a sample, so you can try at home, before you buy.
What I have come to realise, is that the longevity of the "Tinted moisturizer" could be under attack from the new (multi tasking) Beauty Balm creams (BB) that have appeared on the beauty scene in recent years. Several cosmetic houses have already dropped the tinted moisturizer from their ranges and unfortunatley I fear more are on the way out....hopefully my favourite three will be sticking around for some time...especially as I have only just discovered them...


No comments:

Post a Comment