19 March 2014

GREEDY BUDDHA




Asian Fusion Tapas style is what Greedy Buddha describe their food as being. Since opening in Durban North I have been hearing lots of great things and last week I got to try for myself.We were greeted and seated by enthusiastic waiters who patiently explained the menu. Basically it's order any combination of the dishes that you both like and just tuck in and share the Tapas style taste moments. This suits me as I love to taste lots of dishes, so I was in my element, unfortunately hubby was not, as he doesn't enjoy Tapas. You need to know that my hubby enjoys his food and large portions, therefore Tapas doesn't "do it" for him. Even though they say that the each dish serves two for tasting, which it does, be warned that lots of dishes need to be ordered in order to satisfy any decent hunger.
(thinking about this my hubby and I are little piggies)

Everything on the menu sounded like a real taste sensation and that was certainly true for the dishes we chose. Greedy Buddha only use the freshest seasonal ingredients and all the dishes are prepared by a team of passionate chefs. Utilising various cooking methods including steaming, pan frying, deep frying, stir frying and oven roasting, this care and love comes through in the food.



7 Spiced Tempura mushroom and Pea Purée 



Malaysian Peanut Chicken
Tamarind peanut infused sauce with subtle hints of Chilli, Ginger ,Coriander and Mint




The Wok dishes can be cooked choosing protein options of beef,chicken,calamari or halloumi, but there is also a stir fried Vegetable choice.
We decided on Calamari with Black Bean and Green Pepper sauce
Black Bean infused with garlic,Ginger and soft cooked Green pepper.

I really suggest that you visit their website to just check out their menu beforehand, as they have several set "Tasting" menu options for 2

 9  Tastings R318 
10 Tastings R364 
11 Tastings R394


This casual eatery may be minimal on decor, but its certainly big on taste and a return visit is definitely on the cards "sans" hubby!

Apologies for the lack of photos, but hubby ate the one meal before I had chance to photograph and the two above had also been semi eaten, but I managed to rescue some of the remains.

59 Adelaide Tambo Drive (Kensington Drive)
Durban North
4051


Closed all day Monday
Tuesday to Saturday 12pm til 8:30pm
Sunday 12pm til 2:30pm

Selected Take Away's are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment