4 April 2019

MY TOP 3 "VALUE FOR MONEY" SKINCARE PRODUCTS


I wasn't sure how to title this post, as it's simply an article about 3 skincare products that 
in my opinion seem to last forever (obviously they don't) and offer good value for your money. I'm not sure how else I would have titled it, other than exactly what it is...
My Top 3  "Value For Money" Skincare Products.

We've all used beauty products that don't last very long and it leaves us feeling a little short changed, well I want to share with you my top 3 skincare products that do last.
When you work out the cost per individual use, all three work out to be extremely economical, especially as all the three are products premium.


1.

Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex
has to be for me the most economical, yet
effective Retinol eye cream on the market and I often recommend it
 when readers ask me for advice 
re a good Anti-Ageing Retinol Eye Treatment. 
Very little is needed and this 15ml tube lasts me approx 10-12 months and that's using nightly.
The current price is R1,079 and working on 10 months usage that equates to:
R107.90 per month
R20.75 per week
R2.95 per day



I did write a full review so if you would like to know more details on this

I have reviewed many Dermalogica products over the years and if you would like to
know more about those products and whether they're worth investing in
 then check them out



2.

NUXE RĂªve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm
is another product that just seems to go "on and on" forever.
The packaging and the formula have changed since my original review,
but I'm assured that the formula is very similar but an extra 25% Shea Butter has been added, which can only make this lip balm even better. 
My little 15ml pot of nourishing goodness now retails for R220 and lasts for well over 
12 months and that equates to around 50 cents per day, which is a small price to pay to have soft and moisturised chap free lips all year long.


This French face and body care brand has been a favourite of mine for many years
and if you would like to read my other NUXE product that I have tried and reviewed



3.

L'Occitane Milk Shea Extra Gentle Soap
I have used this soap from L'Occitane for around 10 years and I have never been 
tempted to try any other, as I just love this soap so much, yet oddly enough 
I've never written a dedicated review about it.
 This soap was inspired by the traditional recipe from the master soap makers of Provence. L’OCCITANE has formulated this milk scented soap with an extra-gentle 100% vegetable base. Rich in softening and protective shea butter, this soap’s foamy lather gently cleanses the skin, helping to preserve its natural moisture balance. 
It's a hard milled soap and it 100% not one of those soaps that go to "mush", hence why it lasts so long.
There are 2 other variants available, Verbena and Lavender which are also lovely, but I do enjoy the simplicity of the Milk and there are 2 bar sizes available - 100g & 250g.
It can be used on sensitive skins (not that mine is) and even babies and makes a great family soap.It's difficult for me to say how long the life of this soap is, as I only use it in the shower and bath, what I do know is that I buy maybe 2 a year and at R150 for a 
250g luxury soap I think that's a bargain...

I hope you have enjoyed this type of post where I share my findings in terms of
"value for money" products, especially as they're becoming increasing more expensive.

Let me know in the comments below which recommendations you have for 
Value for Money products...





No comments:

Post a Comment