15 March 2020

HAND CREAM RECOMMENDATIONS {MARCH 2020}

I'm sure like me you're washing your hands and using some form of hand sanitiser more often, as a precautionary measure against the spread of the Coronovirus.
Being a huge fan of hand sanitisers, I've used for many years, I actually keep one in my car and one in my handbag at all times and they're an absolute must when travelling.
With this slight obsession I have with keeping my hands clean and germ free, as you can imagine my level of concern, again like many people, has risen to a whole new level.

However one negative side effect of all this hand washing and using a 60%+ alcohol hand sanitising product, it's causing my skin to become far more dry than normal.
Luckily I don't usually suffer from very dry skin on my hands, but for those that do
 this added cleansing can be both be uncomfortable, irritating and in some cases 
quite painful.
I have put together some of my recommendations for Hand Creams that will help
to not only counteract any dryness caused, but will help to protect, soothe 
and calm sensitive skin.
I hope you find this helpful and I highly recommend that you start incorporating
 a hand cream into your hand cleansing ritual...

~~~~~~


1.


Brand : RITUALS
Product : Ayurveda Smoothing Hand Balm
Indian Rose & Sweet Almond Oil
Price : £9
Size : 70mls





In Europe RITUALS has a strong brand presence, but sadly it's not available here in SA. 
Can you believe that this full size Hand Balm was actually a free gift with a one of the U.K. magazines that I picked up on my last visit. It's the first product that I've tried from RITUALS and I couldn't have picked a better introduction to this brand.

The fragrance of Indian Rose & Sweet Almond Oil immediately won me over, as its divine. 
I love the fragrance so much that more of this collection is in my UK Beauty Shopping List.

It's a beautiful balmy moisturiser that absorbs perfectly and definitely doesn't leave your hands feeling greasy instead they're left feeling soft, comfortable and divinely fragranced and I have to rate this product as my favourite hand balm ever!



~~~~~~


2.


Brand : Mineraline
Product : Orange & Pomegranate 
Rich Moisturising Hand Cream
Price : R99
Size : 100mls


This rich hand cream combines the therapeutic benefits of Dead Sea Minerals with the amazing benefits of Pomegranate and Orange Oils. It also contains some of my favourite nourishing ingredients - Shea Butter, Vitamin E and B5, so this hand cream can nourish the driest of hands, whilst retaining the ability to absorb quickly. and the fresh citrusy fragrance is positively delicious.


Available exclusively at Dischem's Nationwide

~~~~~~


3.


Brand : Bionike
Product : PROXERA 
Nourishing Hand Cream 
Price : R99
Size : 75mls



If you suffer from very dry or even cracked skin on your hands, then this is the hand cream for you, as it's been formulated to moisturise, protect and restore the hydrolipid mantle, and it also softens and soothes the discomfort that cracked skin typically gives.
This fragrance free hand cream, whilst taking longer to absorb, works extremely well on chapped hands as my mum can vouch,unfortunately she suffers terribly, all year round, with dry and cracked skin. 
So this gets a huge thumbs up or should that be a hands up from her.


Available exclusively at Dischem's Nationwide

~~~~~~


4.

Brand : Dove
Product : DermaSpa Cashmere Comfort Hand Cream
75ml
Price : R59.95



On the more affordable side and one thats easily available in most supermarkets
and drugstores the Dove Derma Spa Cashmere 
Comfort Rich Hand Treatment gives your hands a luxurious treatment with a 
concentrated blend of oil and cell moisturisers that is fast absorbent 
and deeply penetrating.
 Ideal for very dry and rough skin.


~~~~~~


5.

Brand : NUXE
Product : rêve de miel Hand & Nail Cream
50ml
Price : R195






This paraben free non greasy, melting, velvety cream envelopes your hands like a comforting soft glove.
Tested in extremely cold climates the Honey, Sunflower, 7 Precious Oils and Vitamin E
all work their magic to ensure that the hands are soothed and nourished.
If your hands need lots of TLC or even if they don't,then you can't go wrong with this 
repairing and protecting hand and nail cream.

Available at WOOLWORTHS



~~~~~~


6.

Brand : CLARINS
Product : Hand & Nail Treatment Cream
100ml
Price : R420


I have used this Hand Cream on and off for 30+ years and you can't go wrong
with any product from Clarins.
This pro-quality emollient hand cream is formulated with extracts of soothing
 sesame oil and strengthening myrrh.
 The cream works like a protective invisible glove on the hands, protecting them from climate damage while minimising signs of ageing. 
The silky, non-greasy texture imparts a delicious sensation of comfort. 
This hand cream brings softness and comfort to dry, dehydrated, chapped or damaged skin. It also strengthens the nails and nourishes the cuticles.

Available at WOOLWORTHS


~~~~~~


7.

Brand : L'OCCITANE
Product : Shea Hand Cream
150ml
Price : R420





It wouldn't be a very good list of Hand Cream recommendations if I didn't
include one of my favourite hand creams from the ultimate hand cream brand
L'Occitane.
An international cult product, 1 Shea Butter Hand Cream is sold every 3 seconds.
The Shea Hand Cream is highly concentrated in organic shea butter (20%), penetrates quickly and helps to nourish, protect and soften the hands. 
The formula includes honey, almond extracts and coconut oil are blended with organic shea butter to create this effective care. 
The creamy texture is rapidly absorbed to leave the hands soft and comfortable, 
without any greasy film.

Available at L'Occitane Boutiques Nationwide


Let me know in the comments below if you are experiencing the same issues



No comments:

Post a Comment