19 May 2020

QUICKIE PRODUCT REVIEWS {QPR'S} MAY 2020

I haven't done a QPR post since March, as I really haven't had any products to
"quick" review during Lockdown, but I do have for May.
I've a rather random selection of products for this months QPR'S
I have lips, nails and a hair product to give you my thoughts on.


1.

Brand : LABELLO
Product : CRAYON LIP BALM
Price : R69.95




These lip balms in the shape of a crayon are a recent launch from LABELLO.
LABELLO Crayon instantly provides your lips with high colour coverage, yet its 
unique moisturizing formula instantly melts into your lips and keeps them 
moisturized, with long-lasting effect and after buying the Black Cherry, 
during a mad dash to Dischem during Lockdown, I'm super impressed with 
the colour intensity, as I honestly thought the shade wouldn't be so intense,
 well I was wrong, its very intense.
I chose the Black Cherry, as I wasn't too impressed with the other two shade 
options : Coral Crush or Nude.
It's difficult to say whether you call this a lipstick or lip balm as it does an 
excellent job of being both.Its handy design makes it super quick and easy
to apply and the colour payoff is, as good, as any drugstore lipstick.
I'm a fan and would love to see more shades being launched soon.



Verdict :  8/10


~~~~~~


2.

Brand : MAVALA
Product : NAIL POLISH REMOVER
Price : R104.95
100ml


Hands up on this one!
I'm not normally one who spends much money on premium
 nail polish removers and whilst MAVALA are known to be the experts when it
 comes to all things nails, being Swiss and imported they are somewhat pricey.
However I was pushed into a corner to pay more over the Christmas period 
due to the fact I was wearing far more festive glitter polishes.
The culprit is in the pic : MORGAN TAYLOR : Sweetest Thing

Unfortunately my Sorbet and Cutex removers just weren't cutting it when
it came to the removal of the glitter.
I literally bought this on the consultants recommendation in Dischem and 
thankfully it worked, albeit with some soaking and a lot of patience.
It does make light work of normal nail polish removal.

Please send me your recommendations, in the comments below,
 for removers that make this process a whole lot easier.



Verdict :  8/10


~~~~~~


3.

Brand : PHILIP KINGSLEY
Product : ELASTICIZER
Size : 150ml
Price : £34.00/$49



If you read my blog in the UK or the USA then PHILIP KINGSLEY hair products 
will be well known to you, especially his iconic ELASTICIZER.
 Not sold here in South Africa there is 1 sold every 2 minutes worldwide. 
This is a Multi-award winning formula dry hair treatment. 
Super conditioning pre-shampoo hair mask delivers elasticity, manageability, 
bounce and shine to all hair textures. 
Frequent use leaves hair stronger and healthier looking with less breakage.

I received this generous 40ml size in a Beauty Advent Calendar and thought I
would give it a try, despite me not enjoying Pre-Cleanse hair treatments.
I honestly find them such a faff to use, but I persevered with this one and used
until it was empty.

My verdict now! 
I still don't enjoy the extra step in my hair washing routine,
however if this Pre Wash, Deep Conditioning Treatment had made my hair feel 
great or given it more bounce then I may have changed my opinion.

I know this product is much loved, but personally it didn't WOW me or my hair.
My hair just felt "nice" after use, nothing any different to the way many other 
"nice" conditioning treatments make my hair feel.


Verdict :  5/10





No comments:

Post a Comment