9 March 2021

CLARINS WATER LIP STAIN {REVIEW}

I think I have my first product to go onto the list of 
Most Disappointing Products 2021 
and I’m annoyed at myself  as I broke all of my own rules on this one. 
I always advise my readers not to rush into purchasing beauty products and this 
is exactly what I did recently at my local Edgar’s Beauty store. 
I had a voucher that was expiring any day and I headed off to use the voucher against a beauty purchase and in my mind I was looking for a lip tint that wouldn’t smudge under my face mask and at least give your lips some colour without wearing an actual lipstick, simple you may think but during a worldwide pandemic and with the removal of all testers it wasn’t.








Clarins Water Lip Tint seemed to be offering what I was looking for, especially as it claims to last for up to 300 kisses, I mean seriously who will
 ever test this claim!

This formula rich in plant-derived active ingredients, is a new-generation 
lip make-up, it's customisable and long-wearing colour and offers a
matte finish and a barely-there natural look.

Unfortunately the testers have been removed for obvious COVID reasons
and there lay my first problem and I should have abandoned the idea of buying 
a new make-up item and rather stuck to a re-purchase of a product that
 I knew and liked, but I sadly didn't.
I was unable to feel the texture or see how the shade looked on my hand, 
so I was literally guessing as to which shade to opt for and I decided
on the Rose Water.

The 4 shades being available are:
Rose Water
Orange Water
Red Water
Violet Water

I was surprised by the watery formula of the stain and the small brush is 
infused with colour and allows for customisable application
and the idea is to apply to the centre of your lips, trace the lip line and
then experiment with the intensity.
The colour is buildable, but after the first application I soon realised that
  to apply a small amount to the centre of my lips and then 
use my finger to smudge the product out to the rest of the lip area,
was about as much intensity I could take...
All I can say is that the colour is bright and intense and if you were to fully coat
 both your top and bottom lip like you would with a lipstick, then it's
full on pop of colour 
and if that's what your looking for then this lip stain is perfect, however
 for me just a small amount was needed, yet after using very little and for
 so few times, I'm finding that the product is quickly going down in the bottle,
 so I personally feel that this products "cost per application" isn't very good and considering the R315 price tag I find it to be an expensive lip product .




Despite the colour being totally unsuitable for me it does deliver
on the "Stain" claim, as it does stain all day, it doesn't budge for anything.
I found, initially, on application it to be comfortable on the lips, but I soon
experienced dryness and felt the need to apply a lip balm over the top.
Despite the stain being lightweight, transfer proof, smudge proof, budge proof, which after all is what I was looking for to wear under a face mask, I didn't 
enjoy the colour, the intensity, the formula or the way it made my lips feel
so sadly it's a huge NO from me.

*I do advise caution when buying colour cosmetics during this time, as without
trying the tester on the back of your hand etc. it really is a case of "pot luck"
as to whether colours suit you or not and testing also allows you to feel 
that all important texture of a product. If I had felt the watery feel of this 
lip stain and seen the intensity of the shade, I know, I wouldn't have purchased
and could have used my hard earned money and voucher
 towards another product*



CLARINS
WATER LIP STAIN
7ml


R
315



£
19



$
28


No comments:

Post a Comment