18 April 2021

BENEFIT HELLO HAPPY VELVET POWDER FOUNDATION {REVIEW}


I have been a huge fan of benefit cosmetics now for several years, 
as in my opinion, they are the experts when it comes to mascaras, 
concealers and brow products.
If you would like to read my past reviews on benefit products

In 2019 their HELLO HAPPY foundation range was launched and I reviewed
and loved the HELLO HAPPY Flawless Brightening Foundation, which
I highly rate for a natural lightweight illuminating liquid foundation.

They also have a powder foundation option in the form of the 
HELLO HAPPY Velvet Powder Foundation and that's what I am reviewing
today as part of my Sunday Sample.
(This is the replacement for the HELLO FLAWLESS Powder Foundation)
The sample of this foundation was very cute as it came on a card with its own 
sponge, however I had my concerns about the quantity of foundation 
as it seemed very little.


I haven't used a powder foundation since my beauty college days and
that was one from Elizabeth Arden.
I've always gravitated towards a liquid foundation due to my skin, even when 
I was younger, being on the normal/dry side as opposed to combination/oily,
 so I was curious to revisit a powder foundation.


Dual-coverage powder foundation
    The mirrored compact includes two custom applicators…a brush and a sponge!
benefit claim that you can choose your coverage with this buildable, 
velvety-smooth Benefit Hello Happy Velvet Powder Foundation. 
The formula is lightweight and breathable, it mattifies all day yet feels 
creamy-soft with Shea-Butter Extracts known to create a luxuriously smooth feel.


You can brush on Hello Happy Velvet Powder Foundation for light coverage 
or to set a liquid foundation. 
Or use the sponge to achieve medium/full coverage for longer lasting results
up to 12hrs, so they claim.
There are 12 shades in the range and my sample was in shade 4.


Now whilst there was enough for one application and I applied with my own
 beauty blender, as I anticipated, the sponge was useless.
Sadly it didn't offer medium/full coverage as benefit claims, 
to be honest it offered a light to almost sheer finish.
It felt lightweight on application but for me 
the powder foundation disappeared as the day wore on, so much so, 
that when I removed my make-up that night there was hardly any 
colour on my cotton wool.
I personally doubt the efficacy of the product due it being a sample of 
the pressed powder on a card.

Now I understand that one sample of powder foundation, no matter how 
prettily presented on a card, isn't perhaps a fair representation of a product,
but if that's how benefit want to sample a product then they must ensure 
that it's as good representation of the full sized product.

Due to so little product I wasn't able to use as a setting powder, but I doubt 
it would have faired any better.

I feel that the HELLO HAPPY Velvet Powder Foundation is as confused as
 I am in regards to its function and for me it certainly didn't perform 
as a foundation.
However it did jog my memory as to why I had stopped using a 
powder foundation all those years ago and I can't see myself revisiting 
them anytime soon, especially if they carry a hefty price tag of
 R550 like this benefit one carries.





BENEFIT
HELLO HAPPY 
VELVET POWDER FOUNDATION
7G


R
550

£
27.50


$
54

Please let me know in the comments if you
have tried this product and your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment