10 May 2021

SUMMER FRIDAYS JET LAG MASK {REVIEW}

The 
SUMMER FRIDAYS JET LAG MASK
has been on my beauty radar and wish list for, what seems like to
me, an absolute age.
Not having any SUMMER FRIDAY outlets in South Africa it was always
 on my UK Beauty Shopping List and for various reasons it's just never 
made it back home with me and now with the travel bans in place it didn't
 look like I would be getting my hands on one anytime soon.
That was until an online 3rd retailer in SA had a sale and included was 
the illusive Jet Lag Mask, at a price that was slightly cheaper than
I could buy overseas. SOLD!

So I finally got to try the Instagram famous beauty product
SUMMER FRIDAYS JET LAG MASK
YES this wonder mask has been given the Kim Kardashian West 
and Jessica Alba seal of approval.

As this is my first SUMMER FRIDAYS review here is some background
 to the founders and the ethos of their brand.

As beauty influencers, Marianna and Lauren have been sent
 every product imaginable. 
After years of sifting through, comparing and testing each formula,
 they were still left desiring a line of products that ticks all the boxes:
 easy-to-use,
 clean ingredients,
 immediately satisfying,
 and so pretty you'd want them on display.

Their first product, Jet Lag Mask, is the ultimate multi-tasking product 
for busy lives. 
An award-winning, one-of-a-kind hydrating cream face mask 
Today, Summer Fridays is a growing collection of products
 that continue to give us what we are missing
beauty, efficacy and simplicity
while inviting us into a sensorial experiences that are nothing short of
 dreamy escapes for your skin.

As I know all too well busy lives mean we can all get that lag, 
leaving skin stressed, tired and most of all thirsty. 
Used as a nightly mask, daytime moisturiser, or in-flight skin saver, this 
multi tasker’s nourishing vitamins, ceramides and antioxidants leave skin 
instantly renewed, radiant and ready for anything.

Key Ingredients:

CHESTNUT EXTRACT 
Activates the natural exfoliation process, polishing away dullness so
 skin looks radiant, healthy and well-rested (even when you’re not).

VITAMIN C 
This powerful antioxidant brightens skin tone and behaves like a 
moisture-magnet, boosting the hydration barrier.

NIACINAMIDE 
A naturally occurring compound of Vitamin B3 and nicotinic acid, this 
super ingredient visibly reduces pores, uneven skin and fine lines.
Apply a visible layer on cleansed, dry skin including under-eye area. 
Leave for a minimum of 10 minutes. 
Wipe off excess with a warm cloth or towel, there's no need to rinse.

Cruelty Free, Vegan, Non-comedogenic, 
no phthalates, surfactants, petrolatums, 
BHT, BHA, or silicones

This long awaited product, unlike many super hyped beauty products,
 did not disappoint, as it was all that I expected it to be.
I have tested this product as a mask/leave-on mask and as a moisturiser
and my preferred way is as on overnight face mask (inc. the eye area)
My skin both looked dewy and rested, but also felt perfectly hydrated,
comforted and nourished.

If I was looking to take just one skincare product away with me, then it
would have to be this multi tasking Jet Lag Mask as it makes an 
ideal travel companion.
This cooling/refreshing mask on application instantly drenched my skin
 in moisture and it felt super nourished and at the moment I can only imagine
 how great the skin would feel and look after a long haul flight.

Officially classed as Fragrance Free, this mask does contain
a very small amount of Peppermint Oil, Corn Mint Oil and Orange Oil which
 gives this mask a slight tingling/cooling effect on the skin, now whilst I
 enjoyed this tingling sensation and had no reaction I could imagine a sensitive 
or fragile skin may find this sensation not to its liking.
(I have since read that SUMMER FRIDAYS have had a recent batch, 
 of this mask compromised during its manufacture and have temporarily 
withdrawn production. Consumers complained of the mask causing
a reddening and severe tingling sensation on the skin)

My batch is ok and despite this setback I'm still a fan and I cannot wait 
to put it to a realtime JET LAG test, whenever that may be...


SUMMER FRIDAYS
JET LAG MASK
64G


R
N/A

£
42


$
48


No comments:

Post a Comment