18 May 2021

JO MALONE LONDON ENGLISH PEAR AND FREESIA COLOGNE {REVIEW}

Considering the vast array of fragrances that 
JO MALONE LONDON
 have in their "fragrance stable" I have only ever found 2 that have
 truly unleashed my fragrance love and adoration;
Earl Grey & Cucumber Click here
Wood Sage & Sea Salt Click here
  Granted I haven't tested them all yet, so my journey with 
JO MALONE scents continues.
However with a recent JO MALONE order that I placed online I was 
gifted a rather cute 9ml spray size of their popular 
English Pear & Freesia Cologne
and Freesias just happen to be my favourite scented bridal flower.
I had freesias in my own bridal bouquet along with roses and still
to this day they both remain my favourite flowers.
English Pear & Freesia sounded like a match made in floral heaven.

JO MALONE describe this combination as 
The essence of autumn. 
The sensuous freshness of just-ripe pears is 
wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias, and mellowed by amber, 
patchouli and woods. Luscious and golden.


Top Note:
King William Pear
An unusual, innovative ingredient, this accord of mellow scented fruit is 
fresh and ripe with a juicy facet.

Heart Note:
Freesia
Quintessentially English, cool white freesias imbue the heart of the fragrance
 with a delicate yet distinctive scent.

Base Note:
Patchouli
A sensuously deep, woody note that enhances the longevity of the fragrance.

For the lovers of the English Pear & Freesia scent there is an 
extensive collection of scented products including: a Home Candle, 
Body Cream, Fragrance Diffuser, Body & Hand Lotion, Bath Oil
and a Body & Hand Wash, Hair Mist and a Hand Cream.


Unfortunately for me, this combo was not a match made in floral heaven,
as I found the fragrance was more dominant with the soft pear notes
 than my beloved bridal freesias.
Despite being classified as "Fruity" this isn't your usual fresh, citrus, 
sparkling, fruity offering, for me it leans towards being a more delicate 
floral scent.
I personally found the lingering woody base note of Patchouli
to offer little longevity, as on "moi" it soon faded.

As I've said in numerous fragrance reviews, it's all a matter of personal
taste (not literally) and sadly the rather nondescript 
English Pear & Freesia 
was not for me, so for now my JO MALONE "loves" still remain at two...




 JO MALONE 
LONDON
ENGLISH PEAR & FREESIA
COLOGNE
30/50/100mls


R
995/1500/2100

£
50/70/100


$
72/100/142


Let me know in the comments below what your favourite JML
fragrances are.

No comments:

Post a Comment