17 July 2022

AUGUSTINUS BADER THE RICH CREAM {REVIEW}

Before I get into my thoughts on this award winning cream from
 Augustinus Bader 
let me give you an overview of the man behind this brand.


Professor Augustinus Bader is a globally recognized biomedical scientist and physician 
and one of the foremost experts in the field of stem cell biology
 and regenerative medicine.

In a career that has spanned the globe, the German-born Professor has 
spent over 30 years researching and developing technologies that activate
 and harness the human body's capacity to heal, with a focus on the 
reawakening of cells that become dormant due to aging or trauma. 

In 2008 he developed a groundbreaking Wound Gel that heals severe 
skin traumas without the need for surgery or skin grafts. 
It is this revolutionary technique that inspired Augustinus Bader skincare.

Professor Bader is currently the director of Cell Techniques and Applied 
Stem Cell Biology at The University of Leipzig, in Leipzig, 
Germany where he lives with his family.

Augustinus Bader skincare was launched as recently as 2018 and
I first heard of this brand via the VICTORIA BECKHAM collaboration.
In such a short space of time Augustinus Bader has been
Voted Number One in WWD Beauty Inc.'s 
The Greatest Skincare of All Time
 by a jury of hundreds of our discerning peers, beauty insiders,
 and industry experts.

In his own words Augustinus Bader said
"The reason we launched the skincare brand was to provide a platform to 
allow for the continued research and development of treatments that alleviate suffering 
for those afflicted by severe burns and wounds and in turn,
 the skincare activity will finance the research.
When it comes to our skincare, we are not traditional beauty developers; 
we have decades of scientific research behind our products. 
My approach to skincare focuses primarily on respecting, first and foremost,
 human skin physiology and skin health and we will only release products
 that bring a real solution to our customers." 
 

So how did I manage to get my hands on a product from this super niche 
skincare brand?
It was my primary reason for buying the 
John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar
back in 2021 and whilst it contained many of my "lusted" after
 beauty products, it was the
 Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream 
that I wanted to get my hands on the most.


The calendar contained a 15ml size and I purposely waited to 
put this iconic cream to the test and despite the 15ml size giving
me around 5 weeks of use I was extremely sad when it came to an end.

The original award-winning daily moisturizer is intensely luxurious, 
hydrating and nourishing. 
Supports cellular renewal to dramatically improve the complexion's appearance. 

Backed by 30 years of research and innovation. 
Powered by TFC8®

Clinically proven to reduce the signs of aging including the appearance of 
fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation

Deeply hydrates, conditions, and renews for soft, even, restored skin
Promotes elasticity, supports skin barrier function, and prevents 
transepidermal water loss - for skin that’s supple, plump, and smooth.

Protects against environmental aggressors
TFC8® supports cellular renewal and guides key ingredients to the cells.


On cleansed, dry skin, smooth the desired amount over the face, neck and décolleté, morning and evening.
Ideal for normal to dry skin, more mature skin types, and colder,
 drier climates I feel it was made just for me.
AB skincare is 100% free of parabens, fragrance, SLS, SLES, DEA, 
heavy metals, talc, and petrolatum/paraffin/mineral oil and formulated
 without unnecessary preservatives, solvents, or emulsifiers.

The texture is luxuriously rich and creamy and it glides on beautifully, yet
initially I wasn't wowed by this product, which I was expecting considering
the price point, but patience is needed as with most skincare and as the first
month of use approached I began to notice my skin was definitely smoother,
plumper, softer and generally was looking great and I was super disappointed
 that I was not able to put this product to the test for at least 3 months.
I can already see in my skin that it's missing the benefits of this cream
and I'm now able to fully understand the cult following/addiction, as
it's been like no other product that I've ever tried.
The fact that in just 51 months, Augustinus Bader has garnered an 
unprecedented 92 industry-coveted awards, speaks absolute volumes
about this brand and their products, so I'm not sure what more I can add
other than I hope I can experience more from this brand in the future,
so I had better start saving now.




AUGUSTINUS BADER
THE RICH CREAM
15/30/50ml

R
N/A in SA


$
89/175/280


£
69/135/215




No comments:

Post a Comment