Yet people still ask the question
"is it important to moisturise your face?" and obviously the answer is a BIG YES!
Unless that is you want to have skin like "elephant hide" or look like a 40 year old when you're only 30!
I fail to understand why there are some people out there, still not using a moisturiser and we can all most probably bring that "some" one to mind right now!
I just want to pass on to you my 12 "Key" points
to remember re moisturisers & moisturising.
- Your skin loses its natural oils daily and they need to be replaced in order to keep your skin from drying out and to keep it soft and supple.
- Moisturising creams,lotion or fluides are used daily in the morning after cleansing and toning the skin, to form a protective barrier that helps to "lock" natural moisture in.
- Choose the correct type of moisturiser for your particular skin type.There are moisturisers for every skin type and condition out there, even for the most sensitive skins.There are plenty of skincare consultants in the stores and pharmacies to help and guide you,so don't be afraid to ask and do not be pressurised into buying, if you do not feel happy with their recomendations!
- Moisturisers can provide either basic protection or can be more specialised in terms of: treating (signs of ageing), protecting (against sun damage),enhancing (brightening),softening (hydrating),smoothing and firming the skin.
- It is important to find a daily moisturiser that you feel is working for you and your skin and ultimately is improving the skins overall feel and appearance.Expect to try several before you find your "ideal" daily moisturiser.
- The more expensive the moisturiser is, generally, ensures that more research and development has been done to back up their efficiency claims and that better quality ingredients have been used.Hopefully better and quicker results should be seen...
- After saying this do not be too "over" ambitious in your expectations from any moisturiser!
- Do not apply across the eye area, but do apply upwards and outwards to the face and neck...remember the neck is an extension of your face and requires daily care also.
- Do not apply too much cream or lotion under the misconception that "more will be better" as it's not the case. If you feel that your skin is needing more, then the chances are, you need to change to a richer, heavier daily moisturiser.
- Ensure that you re look at your needs from a moisturiser regularly, as your skin type will change, not only with age, but with the seasons also. The moisturisation levels of the skin can also change rapidly with illness and the use or change of medication.
- Applying a moisturiser must be lifelong daily process like brushing your teeth, so don't expect a quick fix from using just one jar!
- As the old saying goes "Prevention is better than cure" and this is so true....so if you have teenagers then start them on a basic beauty routine now!
Previous Back2Basics posts you may like to read:
Click here to read Cleansing
Click here to read Toning