26 February 2013

LIPSTICK AND LIPGLOSS "WHORE"

Yesterday I came across this mini Yves Saint Laurent lipstick, so you can imagine my delight at finding it,even though I hadn't actually lost it! 
I received it last year in the Stuttafords special edition Glossybox and away it went into the depths of my make-up drawer, only to appear now...





Unfortunately I can't even tell you the colour, as I threw away the box and the actual lipstick has no code or shade name on...What I can tell you though, its one of their Rouge Pur Couture collection lipsticks and the colour is great on me!

YSL, without a doubt make beautifully packaged lipsticks and the colour intensity and the creaminess of this Rouge Pur lipstick is noticeable immediately upon application, and it glides on perfectly!
I would love to be able to buy these mini lipsticks, but it would not be cost effective for the manufacturer or the consumer. I very rarely finish a lipstick completely before I am on to the next one, so these "dinky" sizes would be ideal for me and my handbag would appreciate it to...

When it comes to lipsticks and lip glosses I admit, I'm a little bit of a "whore", as I will go with any brand and price, as long as the colour, packaging and texture is good and it appeals to me, I will buy it. 
Over the years I have encountered many customers who go into a complete "melt down" if their favourite lipstick or gloss is discontinued..well I ain't one of those, as I know it will reappear again under another name and brand!

As with many consumers, staying loyal to a skin care brand for skin treatment is far more important than loyalty to a make-up brand. I am sure, you also have a "mish mash" of different brands in your make-up bag or drawer!

Now Lip glosses, on the other hand, are always used fully and it's amazing how I can manipulate those sponge wands to bend around and grab onto every last bit! 
I would go as far to say, that I am an expert at it!

Without fail, I have several lipsticks and lip glosses in my handbag at any given time...

Check out what is in there at the moment:




My "must have" L'Occitane Shea Lip Balm
2 x Estée Lauder Lipsticks
1 x Estée Lauder High Gloss
1 x L'Oreal Lip Gloss
1 x Yves Saint Laurent Shiny Lip Plumper (discontinued)
2 x L'Occitane Lip Glosses (bought on sale)
1 x Mini YSL Lipstick (new addition to the bag) 

As you can see some of these items look very used and worn, but actually aren't...
I do wish the manufacturers would create gold lettering that stays on the containers,as it looks awfully pulling out an expensive lipstick with faded branding on!

By the way, is this many items, normal to carry around? 
Or do you think I should get help..lol
I don't think it would be a good idea to show you what's in my make-up drawer or make-up bag!!



No comments:

Post a Comment