4 February 2021

KÉRASTASE GENESIS FONDANT RENFORÇATEUR {REVIEW}

A couple of days ago I posted my review on the 

KÉRASTASE GENESIS 
BAIN HYDRA FORTIFIANT SHAMPOO



You can read that review here
and today it's the turn of the corresponding Award Winning
 conditioning treatment

KÉRASTASE GENESIS 
FONDANT RENFORÇATEUR




As with the entire GENESIS range of products this 
Anti Hair-fall Fortifying conditioner is for weakened hair that's prone to 
falling due to breakage and the range excited me, especially after using the shampoo that left me with high hopes for this conditioning product. 

Here are the 3 key claims that drew me into buying this range:

1.
The creamy formula offers anti-breakage action with the most lightweight finish. 

Whilst the formula of the product is creamy, sadly I cannot agree
with the claim of a lightweight finish. 
My hair felt overloaded with product,despite following the usage instructions,
and left, what I can best describe as a greasy coating on my hair that 
made my hair appear greasy and lank, which isn't something 
I have experienced with other ranges.

2.
It instantly smoothes, strengthens and softens the fibre while providing deep nutrition without weighing down the hair. 

As for it instantly smoothing and softening, in my experience that's down to 
the formula being too heavy for my hair type, so yes it instantly smoothed and
provided deep nourishment but at the price of weighing the hair down,
which is contrary to the claims.
 In an attempt to give this product a chance to "shine" excuse the pun,
 each time I used I did adjust the quantity applied in the hope of finding some happy medium, but alas I just didn't.

3.
Detangles and adds body.

Yes my hair was easier to detangle post washing, but again I cannot
agree with adding body to the hair.



I think you can gather by now that this product hugely disappointed me
I found it to be difficult to rinse out of my hair and then it proceeded to leave
 an unpleasant oily coating on the hair shaft.
Very similar to skincare, some ranges just don't bring out
the best in your skin and its the same for haircare ranges and I fear
this is what's happening with the KÉRASTASE GENESIS range.


All that is left to say...
I could have my first contender for my Top 3 Disappointing Products 2021
I do still have one more product from the GENESIS range to try, the 
Defense Thermique Blow Dry Primer.
In order to be kept in the loop with this and all my future product reviews, 
click on the pink Bloglovin icon in the side bar.





KÉRASTASE GENESIS 
FONDANT RENFORÇATEUR

200ml


R
475


£
28



$
42


No comments:

Post a Comment