18 October 2020

L'OCCITANE IMMORTELLE PRECIOUS OVERNIGHT MASK {REVIEW}

 I usually leave my overall thoughts and review, on a product, until
the end of my post, however for this product I'm switching my format 
around and from the onset I'm informing you that I just did not
 get on with the L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Overnight Mask...at all.
Having loved and reviewed products from this French brand for the past
12 years, I don't think in that time I've written a negative review, 
so you can imagine how it saddens me to be writing this, 
but I like to keep it real on my blog
and as always this is my personal experience.

Being a recent launch I was kindly given several free samples to try
when I purchased another product a couple of weeks ago, so during the
past week I put the Overnight Mask to the test.
I'm assuming that this Overnight Mask has replaced the previous
Immortelle Cream Mask, which I reviewed back in 2017 and loved

The Immortelle Precious Collection of skincare products have been around
for many years and some products are being overhauled and
 being re-formulated with "new powers".

Over the years I have reviewed several from their 
Precious Collection and the core Anti-Ageing ingredient that runs 
throughout the range is the wonderful essential oil of the 
Immortelle flower.


The Precious Overnight Mask helps to reduce dull skin, fine lines, 
uneven skin texture, moisture loss and more importantly 
it has been developed to tackle the damaging effects of
over-exposure to environmental aggressors, including blue light.

Specifically at night, blue light from digital screens could interfere with the
 day-night rhythm of your skin, your skin may not recognise 
it's sleep time! 
Over time, it can dull the complexion and damage the look of youthful skin. 

The Overnight Mask acts during the night and is enriched with:
 
Immortelle Essential Oil
 known for its ability to help fight visible signs of ageing.

Immortelle Super Aqueous Extract
 known to have antioxidant properties, it helps skin’s resistance to 
effects of external aggressors.

Dynamic Hyaluronic Acid
 a unique form of low-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid bonded to an 
essential mineral with benefits on skin renewal.

 I do love an overnight mask and have several in my 
"Mask Wardrobe" and I sounded like the perfect candidate and
with the inclusion of the Dynamic Hyaluronic Acid it sounds like 
next level in masking.

It's ideal for Dry, Normal & Combination skins.
Sadly, despite this mask sounding great on paper, in practice I wasn't 
impressed and here are my 3 personal reasons why:

1.
Sadly I found this cream to have, for want of a better word, 
a vaseline type texture that sat just on my skin, I felt that my skin 
couldn't breathe, a feeling that I've never experienced in 40 years of being
 involved with beauty.
Maybe you are thinking, as I did, I applied too much, but as instructed 
I applied a thin layer on my face and left on overnight. 
(You can also use twice a week, apply a thick layer on your face, 
leave for 10 minutes then gently remove with cotton pads)

I'm always one that advocates the "less is more" policy where skincare is concerned,
 so on my second application I applied an even thinner layer and the feeling 
was exactly the same.



2.
Another issue I have with this mask is the fragrance, as with all
L'Occitane products that contain Immortelle Essential Oil, it has a
distinct floral aroma, which isn't to everyones taste.
 I can tolerate in the other Immortelle products, as it soon wears off, 
but oh my goodness this mask is way too fragranced and overpowering
 for my liking and unfortunately it lingers rather than dissipates. 

3.
Now I'm not shy to spend when it comes to skincare products, but this
Overnight Face Mask is way overpriced, as it retails for a whopping
R1025 for 50mls of product
yes you read correctly!
(previous size of the Immortelle Creme Mask was 125ml)

To be fair to the product I have only used twice and in isolation, with no 
other Precious products, so I really
cannot comment on any longterm effects this mask has on the
skin, however here is another example of how trying a sample of
a pricey skincare product works.
I discovered that this mask, for all the reasons mentioned above, was not 
for me or my skin, as they say 

"some you win and some you loose"
so
 c'est la vie...


L'Occitane 
Immortelle Precious Overnight Mask
50ml


R
1025


£
52


$
75



Please let me know in the comments below if you have tried this mask
and your experiences.





No comments:

Post a Comment