7 September 2015

IN PURSUIT OF THE PERFECT PEDI {MEG SKIN AND BODY EXPERTS}


Over the years I have had many pedicures, some good, some bad and some that have left me physically injured!
To me a pedicure is one of the most enjoyable and relaxing of all the beauty treatments you can have. I have decided to do a series of posts on my experiences with pedicures and rate them accordingly.
***** are up for grabs in the seven scoring areas.

I'm really not expecting to find a perfect pedi on my quest, as I believe its quite a tall ask, but I will bring you my personal findings on the day of each pedicure I experience.

Onwards in my quest:



This next pedi in my series of posts is from MEG Skin & Body Experts, which can be found on my doorstep in the Gateway area and has been operating now for around 10 years and in their own words: 

"MEG Skin & Body Experts is not a salon and we are definitely not a spa. We don’t believe in complicated treatment menus with hundreds of treatment options. We cater for the modern executive who has time constraints and requires a practical approach to their grooming needs".

MEG originally stood for Mens' Executive Grooming, when it originally opened, but today both men and women feel totally comfortable and at ease enjoying a wide variety of face and body treatments.
A point of difference at MEG is the strong emphasis on Sports Massage.

There are a couple of Pedicure options with additional "add ons" if required.
I opted for the Full House.

Express Pedi 30 mins R198
Full House Pedi 60 mins R275




1. Booking Process: ****

I walk past MEG several times a week, as I go for my daily Hot Choc fix from iwantmycoffee, just a couple of doors away and have never popped in to see what lies behind the tinted MEG windows, shocking I know, so the other day I ventured in to enquire if they had any available bookings for a pedicure later that day and I was in luck. 
Whilst I was a walk-in and not a phone in, my booking was still handled both in a professional and friendly manner by Sarah. They do however send an sms confirming all telephonic bookings.


Reception Area MEG Skin an Body Experts



2. Bonjour: ****

Often the way in which you are greeted upon arrival for your treatment can set the tone for your overall salon experience. I was greeted and welcomed warmly off the street with my Hot Choc in hand and I could immediately sense the professionalism from the front staff, therapists and from the all important "present" owner Shana and by present I mean "hands on". I was asked to take a seat in one of the comfortable large brown leather chairs and offered a glass of fruit infused water. After being asked the obligatory medical details I was introduced to Nana who would be my therapist for the next hour.






3. Ambiance:***

The ambiance at MEG is one of calm and you get the feeling that you are there for serious therapy treatments with no superfluous non essentials. The clean simple lines of the decor lends itself perfectly to appeal to both the male and female clientele.



~~~~~~


4. Product : ***

I was asked to select my nail colour from a small selection of Essie and Morgan Taylor polishes. I'm always happy to see Essie nail products and for me MEG had a good selection of Pink,Corals and reds, but I opted for an Essie colour, Madison Avenue - Hue.
MEG offer a choice of Dermalogica and Optiphi face and body treatments and also retail the products for home maintenance.They also use in their pedi's and retail the Spalicious range of fruity products.



Nail Polish Selection



5. Treatment: ****

Pedicures are offered in one of the private treatment rooms and I was able to lie back on the bed (which I prefer to sitting) whilst my 'tootsie" and feet were really pampered and treated. What I enjoyed about this particular pedi was the focus on cuticle work and massage, which unfortunately can sometimes be lacking in a pedi. Spalicious fragrant scrubs and massage creams were used and I am happy to report that the exfoliation and massage are performed up to the knee. On an unhappy note and my only complaint, was the lack of a relaxing foot soak. Your feet are cleaned and the exfoliator is removed with warm, wet cloths, but I'm afraid it doesn't really do it for me, call me old fashioned, but I really enjoy the effects of a warm, softening soak and with all my pedi's that I have had over my many years, I can only recall once where this step was omitted. 
My nails were beautifully painted and I thoroughly enjoyed being in the capable and firm hands of the knowledgeable and passionate Nana, so much so, that I will be returning soon for one of her magical back and shoulder massages.






6. Au Revoir: ****

My payment was handled efficiently and I was asked if I would like to re book.

They do offer a Loyalty program and I was explained that they have two types:


Treatment Rewards : All Service categories (Massage therapy, Skin Treatments and Waxing/ Mani/Pedicures) are rewarded for your loyal patronage. 

Retail Rewards : When you purchase any 12 Dermalogica or Optiphi Retail Products, you receive R400 off your next skin treatment.

To activate this rewards program, simply book your first treatment and you will automatically qualify. Its as simple as that!
*T & C’s this program is valid for a period of 12 months

~~~~~~

7. Was it a perfect pedi?

It was a "great" pedi and the whole experience was one of enjoyment, however I can't help thinking how much closer to a Perfect Pedi it could have been with a warm, relaxing bubbly foot soak.



Overall ****


                                                             


MEG Skin & Body Experts
4, Mayfair on the Lake, 
5 Park Ln, 
Durban, 
4319, 
South Africa

Telephone


031 821 0018
084 810 3540

Email

General: info@m-e-g.co.za
You can also follow on facebook
Trading Hours
  » 8am - 6pm Mon-Wed
  » 8am - 7pm Thursday
  » 8am - 5.30pm Friday
  » 8am - 4pm Satur
day

No comments:

Post a Comment