2 December 2015

JOSEPH RIBKOFF - DURBAN GATEWAY LAUNCH

Until last week, if you had asked me to name a few of Canada's famous exports I would most likely, off the top of my head, have said Maple Syrup, Celine Dion and Micheal BubblĂ©, but I'm sorry to say that the name Joseph Ribkoff would not have been one of them. 
Even though I did know it was a fashion range, as I had seen this global brand in the UK, 
I was totally unaware of its roots. 

A bunch of us were enlightened this past Friday evening at the Durban launch of the Joseph Ribkoff 2016 Spring/Summer Collection at Stuttafords Gateway.

Joseph Ribkoff 
creates evening, party, elegant and formal dresses and stylish separates and following its hugely successful launch into the South African market at Stuttafords Sandton in August, we now have this Canadian designed and manufactured collection available exclusively at Stuttafords store in Gateway, which is great news.


Joseph Ribkoff


Joseph Ribkoff
is by no means the "new kid on the block", as he started from humble beginnings back in 1957 and now 60 years later his clothes are adorning women of all sizes in more than 64 markets around the world.

I was so impressed that the collection sizing starts at size 6 and goes up to size 22, many of the jackets and trousers are reversible and the quality of the fabrics and attention to detail on the garments is impressive. I went back to try on several of the items during the week and to inspect the stitching and quality of the fabrics more closely. Joseph Ribkoff really understands a women's body shape especially if you don't fall into the small size category. The clean cut lines of the range enhance all shapes and don't hug the body in all the wrong places. Several of his pieces can easily find a place in my wardrobe ,which tends to be more classic-stylish and timeless.
I was pleasantly surprised with the price points and even though it's higher end, I honestly expected the prices to be more in Rands. 
(I did some research online and our prices here are on a par with the £ & $ prices)

I have earmarked a couple of gems to add to my wardrobe.


P.S.
Just to let you know that next time if I am asked the same question.... 
the name Joseph Ribkoff will be included in my list of famous Canadian exports....

P.P.S

Thank you to Joseph Ribkoff, Stuttafords and J.C Le Roux for a lovely evening.


Classic - wear anywhere and anytime Black & White and some bolds thrown in for good measure

                                               
My favourite was this LBD R4,995

Detail of sequins on the LBD

Reversible trousers 

Perfect Jacket  R3,495 to wear with leggings and ankle boots 

The Gold and Black stripped cropped jacket below being shown to me

How stunning is this?

Canapes and J.C Le Roux bubbles were served










No comments:

Post a Comment