30 July 2020

RODIAL DRAGON'S BLOOD LIP MASK {REVIEW}


WoW this review is long overdue, as I've had this in my sheet mask stash,
you know that stash that I never seem to get around to using, for literally
 a year or more and to be honest it's on the edge of its expiry date.
If you read my blog regularly you will already know that I'm the worst person when it comes to using sheet masks, as I find them such a faff, yet I still continue to
 buy them with all good intentions.

I recently reviewed the
 RODIAL DRAGONS BLOOD EYE MASK 
which I loved, so I'm hoping to enjoy this Lip Mask as much.

I'm not sure that you can technically call this Lip Mask from RODIAL a sheet mask,
 as it only covers the skin over and around the lips.
 It is however made from the same bio-cellulose fibre as a sheet mask and is
applied over the lips and left to work its plumping, hydrating magic for 15mins
and then removed.

They claim to achieve the perfect, fuller looking pout and give an instant moisture boost, comfort and soothe the skin for smoother, younger looking lips and wouldn't that be just wonderful on my aged lined less than perfect pout.

It is a sad fact that the lips loose their fullness with age and become thinner, due to the
decline in collagen production, Hyaluronic Acid and dehydration.

Thankfully this product contains a cocktail of lip plumping ingredients:

Dragon’s blood extract: 
anti-inflammatory and soothes and protects skin from external aggressors.

Hyaluronic acid: 
provides intense hydration.

Glycerin: 
helps main skin’s outer barrier to retain moisture.
How to use:
Remove lip mask from the protective fabric sheets on each side and apply directly to cleansed lips. Leave for 15 minutes and peel away. Gently massage any residue into lips. Discard mask after use.

Cautions: 
Wash hands thoroughly before use. Do not use on eczema, broken or irritated skin. Discontinue use if you experience any redness, swelling or irritation.

This Lip Mask from RODIAL has gained the love of many a celebrity and beauty
editor globally, so there must be some merit to what it can do...

My Impressions:
This is a well saturated soft gel textured mask that's a little fiddly to apply,
aren't they all, and once on its easy to manoeuvre into the correct place.
The sachet contains ample serum to apply on its own for several
more applications.

It initially feels quite cool and soothing on the lips and over time the serum is 
absorbed leaving the mask to almost become a second skin over the lips and around 
the mouth. There is obviously no drinking, eating or talking for 15 mins.
After 15 minutes its easy to remove and then you can just massage any excess
serum into the skin.

I can't say that I noticed any immediate plumpness and it didn't make my
lips look any thicker, but I did notice that there was a deepening of my natural
lip colour.
For me the most noticeable and immediate difference was the softness
 and smoothness of my lips and with time i.e the next day, I started to think
that my usual thin upper lip had more volume and there was also a slight softening 
of the feathery lines above my top lip.

 In comparison to other one shot face or sheet masks I don't think it works out too expensive per mask, especially if you buy the better value box of 8.

Despite being a quick fix type of product, which would be great for a big night out
or a special occasion, I would definitely re-purchase, if for no other reason than
 for the great way it made my lips feel, soft, moisturised and smooth.

Let me know in the comments below if you have used either of the RODIAL
masks and what you thoughts are on either of these products... 




RODIAL 
DRAGON'S BLOOD
LIP MASK
1 mask/box of 8 masks



R
N/A in SA


£
6/36



$
7/45








No comments:

Post a Comment