2 February 2021

KÉRASTASE GENESIS BAIN HYDRA-FORTIFIANT SHAMPOO REVIEW

Over the years I have used several hair care products from 
KÉRASTASE 
and at a time when my hair was highly bleached I was a huge fan 
of the Nutritive and the Elixir Ultime ranges and stuck to these tried and 
tested products for many years, however as with skin our hair
needs change. With age I now find my self gravitating more to thickening,
volumising and anti breaking hair products.
Its only in the last 2 years or so that I have moved away from the 
professional salon home care hair products and experimented with
several drugstore brands, some have been a miss, but one range that I
was introduced to has been a huge hit for me and its from a Spanish brand 
NATUR VITAL
To read my reviews on several of their products



I was swayed back over to the "salon" side by the newly launched

 KÉRASTASE GENESIS 

Genesis addresses two of the causes of hair-fall; 
1. Hair falling due to stress on the hair fibre 
2. Hair falling from the mid-lengths due to breakage.
Unfortunately most women go through periods in life where they experience increased levels of hair-fall, I know I did after pregnancy and
somewhat now as part of the ageing process.
With input from hairdressers, nutritionists and dermatologists, 
the brand has arrived at an advanced in-salon and at-home routine to help 
reduce hair-fall due to breakage, to create a solution that is efficient and pleasurable. 

The range both appealed and intrigued me and I bought the 
GENESIS Gift Set which contained 3 products and retailed at the 
time of R950.
Containing the Shampoo, Conditioner and a Blow Dry Primer it offered
better value than buying the products individually and it would 
enable me to put them to the test as a whole package.




The range of GENESIS products is quite extensive with 7-9 products
(dependant on which country)
 including ampoules and a serum.

KÉRASTASE 
GENESIS 
BAIN HYDRA FORTIFIANT
SHAMPOO



This shampoo seemed to tick all the boxes for my current hair needs:

Anti hair-fall fortifying shampoo for weakened hair, prone to falling due to 
breakage. 

Gently clarifies and reinforces fibre to reduce the risk of hair-fall due to breakage.

 This ultra-delicate formula is ideal for fine or greasy hair to remove sebum 
and pollution particles from scalp and fibre. 

Its gentle cleansing action soothes and hydrates hair from root to tip, leaving a lightweight feel.

Prevents risk of hair-fall due to breakage from brushing.
97% less hair fall due to breakage from brushing*.

Silicone-free.

The range throughout is enriched with a potent combination of 
Edelweiss Native Cells and Ginger Root, the formula strengthens the fibre 
for intense resilience to reduce the risk of hair-fall due to breakage. 
Hair is prepared to be treated, fortified with a fuller and healthier look.

I've been using the shampoo & conditioner for about 6 weeks now and I can't
say that I've noticed any improvement with hair fall or breakage, as I find it
 so difficult to give a definite YES answer as to whether the breakage and 
hair fall is less, perhaps these are products that I must "Follow Up" on
 in a future post.

 I was slightly concerned that even though
my hair is fine its not greasy but leans more on the normal slightly dry side, however my scalp does become oily and was super impressed by how gently 
yet very effectively it cleaned my hair and especially my scalp.

The shampoo does work up a good lather and is easy to rinse and the shampoo smells lovely and fresh, however when using all 3 products together
 i.e. shampoo/conditioner and the blow dry primer the hair smells absolutely amazing for days.

Would I re-purchase the shampoo again yes I would, but I can't help
but be drawn back to my tried & tested NATUR VITAL range that promises
a very similar outcome for the hair and comes in at a quarter of the price.

*The corresponding Conditioner review will be up on the blog on Thursday*


KÉRASTASE
GENESIS
BAIN HYDRA FORTIFIANT
SHAMPOO

250mls

R
370

£
23.50



$
35




Kerastase products are available at selected Hair Salons
and online retailers in South Africa



No comments:

Post a Comment