23 November 2021

LET'S TALK ABOUT - BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDARS 2021

 LET'S TALK ABOUT BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDARS, as it's a topic I
love to talk about.
 (Hence the long blogpost today)
I have to be South Africa's biggest fan of advent calendars, especially
the beauty ones, but I am partial to a chocolate one and I confess
that I've had a chocolate calendar every year since being a child and this
year will be no exception even at my age...

The beauty calendars are what get me the most excited now and I treated
 myself to my first one back in 2016.
Beauty Calendars have been big business in the UK & USA for many years
and I'm happy to report that 2021 is the first year that I have seen a decent
assortment here in South Africa.
I have 13 listed below and I've just given you prices and a brief overview,
without giving too much away re the contents.

  Here's some background into the world of beauty advent calendars:
 They can vary between having 12, 24 or 25 doors or drawers and they fall
 into two categories: 

The Brand Calendars
where behind every door is a product from the same brand.

The Multi Brand Calendars 
where you will find a
selection of products from a variety of beauty houses spread across 
the calendar doors. These are usually from beauty stores or 
beauty online retailers that retail many brands and are my personal 
favourites.

Beauty Advent Calendars can contain a variety of product sizes
ranging from sample, deluxe, travel and in more recent years 
full size products.

What I love about an advent calendar is the daily excitement and surprise
 behind every festive door in the days leading up to Christmas Day
 and whilst I know what the calendar contains before I order,
 I've usually forgotten by the time it comes to the daily opening.
They also offer the chance to experience new brands and new products,
which I just love.
More often than not, they offer a great saving over buying all of the
items individually and if there's a product that doesn't appeal to
you or not for your skin type, then I often gift them as stocking fillers,
and the smaller sizes always come in handy for travel.
Another added bonus is that many of the boxes are reusable 
and I have filled several of my previous advent calendars with beauty, 
chocolates and other goodies for my family.

My past beauty advent calendars have all been multi brand calendars,
with the exception of my first one. 
and I have Highlight Reels over on my IG account for each one
with what my daily openings revealed.

2016 : ESSENCE 
2017 MARKS & SPENCER
2018 MARKS & SPENCER &  FEELUNIQUE
2019 LOOKFANTASTIC
2020 (COVID)
2021 FINGERS CROSSED THE JOHN LEWIS & BYTERRY

As always I will do daily openings of both my 2021 calendars over on
IG so be sure to follow me.

Now onto my choices of the calendars we have available here in South Africa.
Unfortunately we do not have any multi brand calendars on offer, only the
branded ones and due to the import duties etc. they don't offer the
great savings we see on offer overseas.
I hope they're still all available either online or in store and if we're lucky
they may form part of Black Friday discounts that are happening this week.
Good Luck...

~~~~~~

CHARLOTTE RHYS
ADVENT CALENDAR
24 DAYS
R2332


This is a first for Charlotte Rhys and this luxury calendar is filled
with 24 beautiful fragranced treats featuring 
4 of her Signature Fragrances:
Oud Noir
Oud Blanche
Under the Leaves
No.17

Bath Soaps, Perfumed Candles, Hand Cream, Hand & Body Lotion
Eau de Parfums Body Creams will brighten up any day in the
run up to the 25th December.
  Available from Charlotte Rhys


~~~~~~

The Body Shop are no strangers to the South African 
Beauty Advent Calendar
 scene and they have 3 offerings this year.
Whilst the festive designs are all very similar, the contents and values
 will vary according to the price.
Just a heads up, The body Shop are currently running a

The Body Shop Advent Calendars have a spectacular
 pop-up construction that is packed with either 25 or 24 head-to-toe treats
 that will keep you looking your best right through the festive season. 
Any Body Shop devotee will spot many many full-sized products.

Available from THE BODY SHOP

THE BODY SHOP
LOVE & JOY 
ULTIMATE ADVENT CALENDAR
25 DAYS
R2900




THE BODY SHOP
SHARE THE LOVE  
BIG ADVENT CALENDAR
25 DAYS
R1900




THE BODY SHOP
SHARE THE JOY  
ADVENT CALENDAR
24 DAYS
R1275




 

~~~~~~

L'Occitane are the experts when it comes to Advent Calendars.
This Premium one is filled with a variety of bath,
body, haircare, fragrance, skincare and what would a L'Occitane
calendar be without a few of their iconic hand creams.

Available from L'OCCITANE


L'OCCITANE
PREMIUM 
ADVENT CALENDAR
RETAILS R2200
VALUE R2700







~~~~~~

BENEFIT
THE MORE THE MERRIER
HOLIDAY ADVENT CALENDAR
12 DAYS
R1195
VALUE R2500


The BENEFIT MORE, THE MERRIER beauty holiday advent calendar set contains
12 holiday beauty favorites in mini & fun-sizes
from Benefit’s brow bestsellers & mascaras, to pore primers & face powders,
 this gorgeous gift has it all! 
I see many of my fave BENEFIT products in this box.




~~~~~~

CLARINS have 2 offerings this year and the one is in the form of a
beautiful red hanging reusable pouch system which is filled with
 24 iconic make-up and skincare surprises.
The other is a 12 day calendar and each drawer is filled with one of their
 essential beauty products and who wouldn't be happy to start opening
 either of these calendars on the 1st of December.

Available from CLARINS



CLARINS
24 DAY
ADVENT CALENDAR
R2000




CLARINS
BEAUTY ESSENTIALS
12 DAYS
R1100



~~~~~~


NIMUE 
ADVENT CALENDAR
12 DAYS
R1599 
Unwrap 12 Days of Beautiful Skin this Festive season with Nimue’s
first ever Limited-Edition Advent Calendar.
Perfect for the Nimue fan.

Available from RETAILBOX


~~~~~~


ESSENCE
ADVENT CALENDAR
 24 DAYS
SPARKLING MOMENTS OF JOY
R599


This pretty re-usable 3 drawer presentation box houses a selection of 
24 Essence make-up products and beauty products, 21 of which
are Limited Edition.
 
Available from TAKEALOT


~~~~~~

SOiL 
ADVENT CALENDAR
24 DAYS
R299



SOiL Advent Calendar consists of 24 windows containing a hand-picked 
combination of essential oils, massage oils & carrier oils. 
SOiL is South Africa’s only range of 100% certified organic essential oils
a great treat yourself or a loved one who would like to expand
 their SOiL collection & learn more about the benefits of essential oils.

Available from Faithful to Nature


Let me know if you are going to order or already have any of these 
Advent Calendars in the comments below...



No comments:

Post a Comment