7 June 2022

MY FAVOURITE FRAGRANCES {2022}

 I currently have 4 fragrances on rotation in my "Fragrance Wardrobe" and
 as to which I choose, depends on my mood, the occasion and the weather.

I'm one of those people that loves to wear a fragrance daily and I
always have been, for as long as I can remember.
Fragrances have also been a huge part of my very long career in beauty,
 yet I have very few favourites and as one would expect they have 
changed over the years.
To be very honest I'm not one of those people that love all fragrances,
as I actually dislike way more than I like.
I generally enjoy the more citrusy-fresh genre, but even that has changed
slightly over the years.

Fragrance is very subjective and one fragrance doesn't suit all and it
can often take some time to find the ONE that has you lifting your
wrist to your nose often to just take in more of a beautiful scent.

My four current faves have remained constant now for several years
and it would take something exceptional to knock any of the below
off their fragrance perch.




CLEAN RESERVE
 CITROEN FIG
EDP

I love my Clean Reserve Citroen Fig and if I'm not mistaken I'm on
 my 3rd 100ml bottle. 
It really has become one of my all-time favourites, as I just love the
 top notes of fig, ginger, and lemon oil that will brings you an immediate 
burst of citrus, followed by the middle notes of cardamom, mint, 
copaiba, and mandarin, then the base notes of sandalwood, cedarwood,
 and musk will ensure that you have an exotic scent to last throughout the day.

I have reviewed 3 Clean Reserve fragrances and we now find ourselves being 
a Clean Reserve family, as I use the Citroen Fig, 
my hubby uses Warm Cotton and the youngest 'Kiddiewink" uses Rain
 and best of all we can create more fragrance options by layering with other
 fragrances in the Clean Reserve range and creating a unique fragrance.



~~~~~~

It took me several years to get onboard with the Jo Malone hype, simply
 because after trying so many of the fragrances, over so many years, 
I couldn't find one
that I was head over heels in love with.
After a slow start with Jo Malone I now have 2 JM fragrances included in my
"Fragrance Wardrobe" of four.





JO MALONE
EARL GREY & CUCUMBER 
COLOGNE

A fragrance with a burst of bergamot, the distinction of Earl Grey, and the
 coolness of crunchy cucumber, with a sweet base of beeswax, vanilla and musk. 
It's both reviving and refined and I adore it...




JO MALONE
WOOD SAGE & SEA SALT
COLOGNE

Complex Ingredients include ambrette seed, sea salt and sage, along with
 red algae and grapefruit. 
Sea air is mixed with salty and mineral texture of sand and stones and the 
scent of driftwood adds a natural and fresh sophistication.
Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne was created with the intention to evoke
 the feeling of pleasure, freedom and escape into nature, inspired by 
the unique character and quality of British beach. 



Both the Earl Grey & Cucumber and the Wood Sage & Sea Salt are lighter
Citrus/Woody/Aromatic fragrances and for me are ideal for daily Summer wear.
Both are unisex and my hubby also is partial to a spritz of
Wood Sage & Sea Salt...


~~~~~~





PENHALIGON'S
QUERCUS
COLOGNE

A cologne of some sophistication, named for the iconic English oak.
Basil and lemon as fresh as a mountain stream, sweet jasmine,
and a woody, mossy depth that brings one happily back to earth.
I fell in love with Quercus from the first spritz and was introduced to the
fragrance by my BFF in the UK, yet it wouldn't have been a fragrance that
I would have ever considered, however its become a firm favourite of mine
 to wear on those cooler days.



I also have written other fragrance posts that you may find useful :



No comments:

Post a Comment