21 June 2022

MY FAVOURITE EYE MAKE-UP REMOVERS {2022}

 With the advent of Micellar Waters, Cleansing Balms and other
 multi functional cleansers, the use of eye make-up removers
seems to be on the decline.
I for one have always been a fan of using a separate product specifically
 to remove eye make-up, especially when it comes to mascara.
Over the years I have used so many and I have never written a dedicated
post re my favourites.
From all the options available whether it be a lotion, gel, micellar,
pads or bi-phase my personal favourite type of remover is the latter.
(I must make mention though that I do not have a sensitive eye area)

I will post the Pink Links below which will take you straight to my
 original reviews.


~~~~~~

LANCÔME
BI-FACIL
MAKE-UP REMOVER

I'm starting with a high-end favourite of mine
the Lancôme Bi-Facil Make-Up Remover.

The lipid phase lifts off eye makeup, while the water phase contains
 special emollients to refresh and the condition skin, which I have found
 has become more important to me with age, as the eye area always 
requires more TLC.
What I enjoyed is that despite being non oily, it still did a good job of 
instantly removing not only my eyeshadow and mascara, but made 
light work of my Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, which is
 always my benchmark as to how good an eye make-up remover truly is.

This very effective product is worthy of all its accolades and if
 your budget allows, then this is without a doubt an eye make-up to
 seriously consider.
125ml R550

~~~~~~


GATINEAU
FLORACIL
EYE MAKE-UP REMOVER


The GATINEAU Floracil Gentle Eye Make-up Remover was my "go to" for 
many years and I revisited the product a couple of years ago
and it was just as good as I remembered and has since become my
"go to" once again.
 This non-oily, non-drying and non-irritating liquid is highly effective.
I was impressed with how quickly it dissolved my eye make-up, even the
 most stubborn of my mascaras, whilst leaving no residue behind rendering
 it an absolute breeze and pleasure to use.
As with most eye make-up removers Floracil is extremely gentle 
with the same pH as tears; which means, no stinging, irritation or puffiness.
 It's also Dermatologist tested and Fragrance Free.
R465 200mls



~~~~~~

YVES ROCHER
EXPRESS
EYE MAKE-UP REMOVER

This remover from YVES ROCHER is without doubt my favourite and my most purchased remover all of time and unfortunately since YR withdrew from South Africa I now have to stock up when on my travels and sadly due to covid my 
stash has depleted.

This is a bi-phase eye makeup remover, so expect to see the two phases
 separate out and remember to always shake well before use, otherwise 
the product will be imbalanced and not be as effective. 
The one ingredient is the Organic Cornflower Water which is renowned for being gentle on the skin round the eye and having soothing properties and 
both are often found in many eye products. 
This product is super quick and easy to use and leaves the eye area feeling refreshed, there's no stinging and no real fragrance to mention 
with this product.
For me it's a winner and I highly recommend if you have easy access to 
Yves Rocher.


~~~~~~

GARNIER
MICELLAR WATER


If you are looking for a very affordable, yet effective product to remove both
face, eye and lip make-up then you cannot go wrong with the
Micellar Water from GARNIER.
The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is a multi purpose product, 
as it removes make-up, cleanses the face,eyes and lips, 
all without having to remove or rinse off. 
How can one product achieve so much...Well it's all down to the
 Garnier Micellar technology in this all-in-one cleanser. 
The cleansing agents attract and capture the make-up and impurities lifting 
them away from skin, leaving it perfectly cleansed and refreshed.
GARNIER now have a couple of variants, but my review was on the original
 pink packaging for sensitive skin.
R75 400mls 






There you have it my favourite tried and tested Eye Make-Up Removers
and there's one for every budget.
Let me know in the comments below if any of these are your "faves" also.

Here's a link to all my Eye Make-Up Remover posts/reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment