19 August 2018

DOVE DERMASPA SUMMER REVIVED BODY LOTION WITH SELF TANNERS {REVIEW}

As part of Doves recently launched DermaSpa Collection
everything about this product the 
Dove DermaSpa Summer Revived Body Lotion 
sounded great on paper, as it's a

 " body lotion with self tanners for a natural bronzed glow"

Combining Doves skin care expertise with natural tanners, I thought it would be 
a great way to get that sun kissed look throughout winter or better still, 
as the name suggests,revive any remains of my summer tan.


It combines gentle, natural tanners and Dove Cell-Moisturisers® 
(key moisturising actives made from natural seed oils), 
which work at the heart of your skin cells*. This helps to keep your skin soft 
and smooth and makes that tan look even better.
This golden, quite luxurious feeling cream, did absorb easily into my skin 
leaving it feeling nourished, comfortable and non oily.
The idea is that this type of product can be used daily over the body
to moisturise the skin and to give a natural on going, buildable
bronzed glow.
I must also make mention that this product does have that fake tan smell,
which I personally am not a fan of.
As with all gradual or fake tans you do need to wash your hands thoroughly 
after application to avoid staining and remember that these type products 
generally do not have any SPF included so you will still need to use a
 separate one to prevent burning.


Admittedly I was slightly hesitant to purchase, as it seems that despite being 
available internationally in two options, Fair to Medium and Medium to Dark,
 it appears that we only have the Fair to Medium here in SA.
 Unfortunately I went against my all important "gut feeling" and bought a tube, 
despite have those niggling doubts that it wouldn't be the correct one 
for my skin tone.
I was correct,as it didn't really do much to give me a healthy bronzed glow 
and I feel that the Medium-Dark would have been a far better option.
 Another problem for me and one that I really couldn't handle, was
 that typical pungent chemical smell of fake tans,which unfortunately
lingers on the skin.
So on paper this product sounded great, but sadly in practise it wasn't so great.
If you have a very fair skin and don't mind the smell too much, then this easy to
apply gradual tanning body lotion could be one for you.


DOVE

Body Lotion Summer Revive  

200ml


R
74.39
(Current special price at Clicks)


£
3.85
(Current Special price at Superdrug)




1 comment: