26 May 2019

BYTERRY CELLULAROSE BRIGHTENING CC SERUM {REVIEW}

I feel that I cannot talk about this holy grail of CC Serums without mentioning its creator and founder of this iconic French beauty brand BYTERRY.
Terry de Gunzburg is a trailblazing industry legend who over the course of the past 30 years has changed the face of beauty. 
Hailing from a family of scientists, Terry initially embarked on a career in medicine, but soon abandoned her studies for a more creative life. Cutting her teeth at the now fabled Carita beauty school in Paris she quickly became an in-demand studio makeup artist working across runway and editorial with some of the biggest names in fashion. Her trademark beauty look has always been distinctive: imperceptible foundation, impeccable lips and thick, separated lashes.
But it was her collaboration with Yves Saint Laurent that would leave an indelible mark on fashion and beauty history. As International Makeup Designer of YSL Beauté for 15 years, Terry invented countless products and formulas, including the iconic Touché Eclat in 1992. Indeed, radiance and a healthy, but an invisible complexion has always been key to Terry’s approach to make up, so when she decided to launch her own collection of products in 1998, ByTerry was born as a bespoke 'couture' beauty line offering made to measure cosmetics. 

This much talked about product has been on my beauty wish list for many years and I finally got my hands on, not one but, 3 shades of the Brightening CC Serum during an overseas trip back in November.
I have to admit I was a little nervous to drop £65 on a product that I didn't know
whether I would like or not, as all too often these super hyped products can be a
huge let down.
Thankfully these Brightening CC Serums have not let me down, in fact I've been blown
away by how great they are. As you know skincare is my priority and this product
combines skincare benefits with luxury make-up, so for me its a win win situation.
Infused with radiant rose stem cells, this advanced Brightening CC Serum is an 
illuminating primer that creates a flawless base with NO coverage. 
Optical glow technology blurs imperfections, evens out skin tone, intensifies skin
radiance and neutralise redness.
It really is a wonder primer that enhances the skins natural glow.
Initially I was surprised at how hydrating the serum was and I found it to instantly
make the skin appear brighter and glowing and I was impressed from the first application.

The Cellularose Brightening CC Serums are available in 4 shades and they flatter all skin tones. 

Immaculate Light
(not featured)

Rose Elixir
Apricot Glow
Sunny Flash
Depending on desired results and the correcting your skin requires would determine
 which shade you would opt for:

Rose Elixir

(neutralises washed-out, ashy tones with brightening, pink-toned particles)


Apricot Glow

(a flattering shade that suits fair to warm, medium skin tones)


Sunny Flash 

(a beautiful, bronze-toned colour to unify darker skin tones or grant paler 
complexions a sunkissed glow)



These serums are super easy to apply and literally glide over the skin.
They can be applied alone or mixed with your foundation to unify uneven skin tone and create a luminous, lit-from-within skin finish. For customised colour correction, mix shades together to address your complexion concerns.

Whilst I have used them all, my absolute fave is the Sunny Flash, which just lends itself perfectly to sunny lifestyle living in South Africa.
Being in my 59th year I love the fact that this serum gives me absolute freedom & confidence to wear alone with some bronzer, mascara and lipstick and I'm 
good to go, which after all is Terry de Gunzburg's trademark beauty look...

BY TERRY 
CELLULAROSE BRIGHTENING CC SERUM 
30ML

R
1,215

(Available exclusively in SA at Metropolitan Cosmetics)


£
61


71

$
91



I already have several more of her products on my wish lists
let me know if you have used any of the BYTERRY products in the 
comments section below.







No comments:

Post a Comment