12 May 2019

L'ORÉAL LES CHOCOLATS ULTRA MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK {REVIEW}

This fairly new collection of Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks from L'Oréal are deliciously named 
"LES CHOCOLATS, yet despite their name they were not on my beauty radar until they were 
recommended to me very recently.


Les Chocolats Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick is a collection of matte liquid lip colours in 12 chocolate-inspired shades (unfortunately only 8 are available in South Africa) all with an irresistible chocolate scent and I was hooked from the first whiff.
Matte lipsticks are generally not my first choice as like many, I find them too drying 
and they often flake or crack.
However that being said it is an area where huge strides are being made in research and development 
to find that easy to wear matte lipstick that provides comfort and all day colour 
and I think L'Oréal may have just cracked it with this one...


Initially I thought the shade range was perhaps a little too dark for my skin tone, but then I found my most perfect nude shade ever in the form of 842 Candyman, it was a perfect colour match for my natural lip shade, but just better.

Les Chocolates Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick has a melt-proof formula so you can forget your lip colour smudging or budging, for up to 12 hours, as once its on its going no where
The lightweight lip colour formula is comfortable to wear and doesn’t crack, crumble or flake, its also enriched with ultra-saturated pigments for an intense colour payoff. 
The easy to use slanted teardrop shaped applicator allows for precise application whilst the pointed end allows you to outline your Cupids Bow.


Despite being a little sticky upon application, I have found myself reaching for this lipstick daily since I bought it and for all the right reasons
 It really does stay on all day, it doesn't smudge, transfer or bleed and most importantly doesn't dry out your lips 
and best of all it's Chocolate scented...

Here are a couple of tips to help when wearing a matte lipstick:
Ensure that you exfoliate your lips regularly as a matte lipstick doesn't
 like dry chapped skin.
If need be you can always apply a lip balm over the matte lip several times a day
to provide comfort and a little lustre.


L'ORÉAL
LES CHOCOLATS
ULTRA MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK


R
140


£
9.99



10.50



$
8




2 comments:

  1. These sound as good as the Revlon mattes,i.e. last forever and is not drying. It is a pity about the limited colour range that is available in SA, because I had a look at Candyman and it looks just too light for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yes that's one thing about L'Oréal SA, we only get a fraction of the lines and shades that they get else where in the world, so annoying at times.

      Delete