4 October 2020

AVÈNE CICALFATE+ RESTORATIVE PROTECTIVE CREAM {REVIEW}

 I'm sure all my readers by now, are very aware of the French skincare brand 
Avène
I have written numerous reviews here on my blog and with the exception of
 one product I highly rate them all.

Just a quick re-cap:
Avène 
is decicated to Dermatology and is the leading dermo-cosmetic brand in
 Europe and Japan. 
All Avéne products have biodegradable formulations and come in packaging 
that is 100% recyclable. 
Not tested on animals, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.


Avène Cicalfate 
product line promotes the quick repair of 
sensitive irritated skin.
It facilitates epidermal repair, reduces risk of bacterial proliferation 
and soothes fragile skin. 


The re-formulated
 Avène Cicalfate+ Restorative Protective Cream 
is a multipurpose barrier repair cream that helps to rapidly repair, 
purify and soothe irritated skin.

Whenever skin is sensitised, its barrier function or hydro lipid layer
has been superficially and temporarily compromised and this repairing
cream is best suited to deal with many of the issues below:
 
 Localized dryness
After stitches
Superficial cuts
Razor burn
Post-epilation irritations
 Nappy rash
Skin irritations
Peri-oral irritations
Sunburn
After superficial dermatological treatments 
(laser, chemical peel, cryotherapy)
Irritations on external intimate areas
Mask-related skin irritations

Inspired by recent discoveries in the microbiome, this multi-purpose cream 
offers optimal efficacy thanks to a restorative & protective complex
 that promotes epidermal repair, limits the risk of bacterial proliferation and soothes sensations of discomfort. Helps restore the skin's natural balance all
 thanks to a patented, 
postbiotic active ingredient: [C+-RESTORE]™ derived from 
Avène Thermal Spring Water. 
Also contains Zinc/Copper complex that acts as antibacterial agents.

I have had several uses for this repairing cream since it was sent to
me to review, the first was on a rather painful steam burn from
draining the water off boiled potatoes 
(I'm sure many of you reading this have done the same)
and you will know how painful it can be.
I immediately spritzes onto the burn some of the soothing
Avène Thermal Spring Water


This helped to immediately cool the skin down, more so as I always keep one
 in the fridge. Once the skin had dried I applied a good covering of the
Cicalfate+ to the steam burn area. It certainly soothed the area and over the
next few days I applied regularly to the  traumatised area and within a few days,
 all was good.

I have found myself reaching for this cream post exfoliation and on
days that my skin is feeling slightly irritated or on days where I really
don't want to apply anything too active.

I recently recommended the Cicalfate+ along with the Thermal Spring Water 
to a reader who was struggling with the annoying Mask Acne
and feedback has also been very positive.

Its creamy texture initially appears to be slightly on the thick 
and heavy side, but it amazingly and quickly absorbs leaving no
greasy residue behind, as you would perhaps expect from this type of product.
My hubby has even used this product on some razor burn and it got a huge
thumbs up from him. This product can be safely used on infants, 
children and adults, however it's not recommended for oozing lesions. 

This cream acts like a "magic" repairing bandage over the skin and
one that I'm happy to have in both my skincare regime and my first aid box.





AVÈNE 
CICALFATE+
RESTORATIVE PROTECTIVE CREAM
40ml


R
209


$
28


£
18


Avène is available from Clicks countrywide 
and





No comments:

Post a Comment