21 October 2020

QUICKIE PRODUCT REVIEW {OCTOBER 2020}

A slightly different QPR post this month, as it's focusing more on 
Home fragrance which I adore, as I'm sure many of you do.
Prices for Home fragrance ,of any kind, whether it be a perfumed candle,
room spray or a diffuser, can range from the positively cheap and cheerful
 to outrageously Luxe and expensive. 
However I have discovered a great affordable Fabric & Air
 Fragrance and I also splurged a little on candles, which I don't regret at all, 
as the fragrance pay off is worth every cent.
Oh! and I must not forget the Air Freshener that was, frankly, a waste of money.


1.

Brand : YANKEE CANDLE
Product : CLASSIC CANDLE
Size : LARGE
Burning Time : up to 150hrs
Price : R440

Size : Medium
Burning Time : up to 90hrs
Price : R375

Size : Small
Burning Time : up to 40hrs
Price : R175

Having previously purchased many smelly's from the US brand
 YANKEE CANDLE
ranging from tarts, votives, diffusers and car jars I had never treated 
myself to any of their Large Classic Candles, so I decided to splash out 
on not 1 but 3 Large Classic Yankee Candles.

Yankee Candle is the benchmark for quality in the candle world.
The fragrance oils and dyes are mixed into the wax to provide the famous 
Yankee Candle fragrance throughout the entire candle.
Every jar is finished by adding a top layer of wax to provide a full, even candle… 
all done by master candle makers in the USA.
200 Million candles are made every year
Nothing compares to the true scent of a Yankee Candle.  

Yankee Candle have a large assortment of fragrances on offer
and deciding which to choose is a case of literally sniffing each one in store,
so deciding on 3 did take me some time.Two I chose for the fragrance
and one purely on the colour of the candle (big mistake).


Coconut Splash I fell in love with this fragrance immediately 
and despite its name it's not very coconutty, but rather refreshing and pure, 
with just a touch of natural, tropical sweetness.
It's been burning away now for some weeks in my lounge and is a hit with
all that smell her...


Soft Blanket Was another instant liking for me, as it's all of my favourites, clean citrus, luxurious vanilla and warm amber and 
its perfectly at home on my bedside table.

Vanilla Lime I must admit I rushed into buying this fragrance and
whilst it smells "ok" when it's burning it doesn't bring me as much joy 
as my other two choices. This buy was based more on colour, as it
was to sit at the side of my bath and match my bathroom colour scheme, 
which it does, however I wouldn't purchase it again. 
It's smooth and refreshing, the creamy richness of vanilla with 
sweet cane sugar and a zesty lime twist. 
In comparison to the other two the fragrance pay off isn't as good.
Verdict 
Burning : 10/10
Fragrance Strength : 10/10 
(Vanilla Lime 7/10)



~~~~~~ 


2.

Brand : WOOLWORTHS
Product : LEMON VERBENA FABRIC AND AIR SPRITZ
Size : 450mls
Price : R79.99

I was so chuffed with this find, as not only is it one of my favourite
types of fragrances (fresh, citrus and refreshing) but it actually lingers 
in the air for quite sometime unlike many air fresheners 
that last 60 seconds and puff they're gone without a trace...

I also think that the price is good value for the quantity and seems a 
small price to pay to beautifully fragrant my house and linen.
This dual purpose product cleans away lingering odours and freshens 
hard-to-wash fabrics, as its been specially formulated for air and fabric.
Use throughout your home to freshen your room, linen and towels.

Verdict : 10/10



~~~~~~ 


3.

Brand : WOOLWORTHS
Product : LEMON VERBENA MULTI-PURPOSE FRESHENER
Size : 5mls
Price : R39.99


The Lemon Verbena Multi-Purpose Freshener is suitable for cars, 
waste bins and laundry baskets. Made with essential oils for a lingering fresh fragrance that lasts up to 4 weeks. 
On the strength of my love for the above product I thought
I would give this a whirl in my car.
Sadly I struggle to smell any fragrance in my car, so I wouldn't
personally recommend or purchase again.



Verdict : 5/10


~~~~~~ 

There are 3 fragrance variants of both of the above 2 products:

Lemon Verbena
Pure Cotton
&
Mandarin Leaf & Oud

I also purchased both the Air & Fabric Spritz and the Multi-Purpose
Freshener in the Pure Cotton variant and the Lemon Verbena was by far the
longer lasting fragrance of the two, especially in the Air & Fabric Spritz 
and I would without hesitation re-purchase, but the Pure Cotton in the 
Air Spritz & the Multi-Purpose
 for me was a waste of money and once finished I wouldn't buy again.

The above products can all be found in the 
Woolworths food section.






No comments:

Post a Comment