17 October 2021

LANEIGE WATER SLEEPING MASK {REVIEW}

This was a face mask that I had lusted over for several years and having
 finally acquired one I was excited to try for myself and see why everyone
 raved about this cult Korean Beauty product.


The LANEIGE WATER SLEEPING MASK is an Award winning innovative 
mask that claims to recharge your dehydrated skin while you sleep
 and I do love a good "sleep-in" face mask.

My favourites of these type of gel re-hydrating type face masks are:

Formulated with highly concentrated Hydro Ionized Mineral Water to 
deliver high doses of moisture to stressed, parched skin.
 Calming Sleepscent™, infused with orange flower, rose, and sandalwood
 provides a relaxing and comforting scent while apricot and evening primrose extracts helps visibly brighten and purify fatigued skin.
They claim the result will be skin that looks and feels radiant, refreshed,
 and soft so you wake up with soft, glowing skin.
Where this sleep mask is different to the norm, you apply over
your normal nightly cream or serum in order to help retain/lock the moisture in 
your skin overnight.
After the product is absorbed completely, leave treatment overnight 
and rinse off in the morning. 
Use once or twice a week.
Even though they advertise for all skin types, I personally think
this is better for a normal to oily skin rather than a dry skin.
It comes in 2 variants Original and Lavender and I opted for
the Original and the mask also comes with that all important spatula.
You can imagine my disappointment when I first tried this mask only to find 
that it didn't agree with my skin whatsoever...whilst the cooling, lightweight 
gel formulation and the fragrance are great, my skin soon started to feel uncomfortable and tingly and I had to remove, as I certainly wasn't able 
to sleep with this mask on.
I actually waited a couple of weeks and tried again and I had more success this time, as I didn't experience any sensitivity and I was able to sleep with the mask overnight, however the expectations of waking with "soft, radiant and glowing skin" didn't happen, as I woke with extremely parched, dehydrated skin, the exact opposite of what the mask claims and to be honest I'm not sure why. 
As advised I applied over the final product of my night routine and I did try over different night products thinking that it may be a reaction to one of those, but it made no difference. I tried this mask a total of 3 times and its sadly had its time with me and I won't be using it again, as I fail to see the fascination and hype of this mask. 

LANEIGE
WATER SLEEPING 
MASK
70ml

R
599

£
26

$
25




No comments:

Post a Comment