9 February 2020

LUMENE NORDIC HYDRA AERATING GEL MASK {REVIEW}


There maybe many of you, like me that have never heard of this skincare brand
from Finland, but LUMENE has not only attracted several awards, 
its also attracted the attention of many beauty editors and beauty bloggers around the world 
and I have to say its attracting my attention also.


At the end of 2019 I opted to buy the 
NORDIC HYDRA DEEP HYDRATION RITUAL 
gift set online that contained 3 products and as always my London "Kiddiewink" 
was my "beauty mule".
I really enjoy trying new brands from other countries and whilst this gift set contained 
a full size day cream and lip plumper and this sample size gel mask
today my review will be on the mask only, so look out for the other 2 product reviews 
coming soon on Beauty Shout Box.

I feel that Finland is so far away from South Africa, I have to include a longer 
overview than I normally do about this brands story...

~~~~~~

Wild-crafted, sustainable Nordic beauty
Inspired by Nordic Women
created with Finnish nature

Lumene take inspiration from the Nordic approach to wellbeing and beauty: a region where a unique blend of resilience, mindfulness and harmony with nature is deeply rooted in everyday life.  Despite the harsh climates of the northern longitudes, Nordic women are fresh-faced, radiant and healthy-looking. 

Finland is an amazing place in the world to source our natural ingredients. It is one of the last unspoilt sanctuaries on Earth, with some of our forest and wetlands certified organic and one of the purest water with 187,000 lakes and 32,000 natural springs.

They use handpicked Nordic botanicals, allowing Nature to regenerate and remain in balance. Thoughtfully selected not only for their ability to nourish the skin but also for their local origin and sustainable source.

Berries, seeds, plants, tree saps and even mushrooms have evolved in the wild over thousands of years to survive and thrive under a uniquely disruptive and challenging annual light cycle, known as the Unique Arctic Light Cycle, with 8 months of darkness followed by continuous summer light which gives Arctic plants incredible antioxidant potency.

Their skincare formulas are 100% vegan and cruelty-free. They work everyday in making their beauty products even more natural with a great efficacy, safety and sensoriality. Some of their formulas contain as high level as 100% of naturally derived ingredients.

~~~~~~

I'm sure the above ethos of this Nordic brand will resonate with many people especially
if you are looking to make that switch to a more sustainable, 100% natural, vegan 
and cruelty free skincare brand.

LUMENE have around 8 skincare ranges which deal with all skin conditions & types, 
as well as several make-up ranges.
The 3 products I have form part of an extensive range called

NORDIC HYDRA
[LÄHDE]

This pure and naturally refreshing is specifically formulated for deep hydration for dehydrated and dry skin; formulated with Organic Nordic Birch Sap, intensely hydrating Hyaluronic Acid and skin pH friendly Arctic Spring Water that leave a healthy-looking, fresh skin and a smooth, pleasantly hydrated feel.

NORDIC HYDRA 
Hydration Recovery Aerating Gel Mask
 The innovative airy water-gel formula, which I loved, helps to provide an instant surge of hydration resulting in a comfortable, fully hydrated, soft and supple 
feeling on the skin. 
Contains Pure Arctic Spring Water to promote a healthy-looking complexion, 
replenishing Organic Nordic Birch Sap and our Hydra-Technology designed to 
instantly boost the skin's moisture level.
This mask can be used in the usual way: 
Apply a generous amount to a clean skin and leave for 5-10 minutes
 and remove with water
OR
Apply a thin layer to a clean skin and leave overnight, then remove with water.

The latter was my preferred choice of application, as I'm of an age where I need
to maximise the benefits of any face mask, so if they can be left on overnight
I'm on board.
This mask can be used 2-3 times a week or whenever needed.




I adore everything about this mask from the clean lines of the packaging,
   its cooling gel formula, to the way it makes my 
skin feel - hydrated, soft, plumped and quenched.

Its been such an easy product to incorporate into my skincare routine and much 
needed to counteract the dehydrating effects of air conditioning
A full size mask is for sure being added to my next Overseas Shopping List and I'm
 excited to bring you my thoughts on the other 2 LUMENE products soon.


NORDIC HYDRA 
Hydration Recovery 
Aerating Gel Mask
150ml


R
Not Available In SA

21,90


£
19.90


$
14.99



No comments:

Post a Comment