19 November 2012

KERASTASE ELIXIR K ULTIME




Firstly I must say that I am very cross with regard to this post about the Kerastase Elixir K Ultime Oleo-Complexe product.....and it has nothing to do with the product itself, but with my hairdresser Joyce!
Shame on you Joyce! that you only brought this product to my attention recently when I went for my usual highlights and K Mist treatment. I have been a Kerastase customer "on and off" for the past twenty odd years...and "She" casually just mentioned that she was going to use some of the Elixir on my damp hair before blow drying and afterwards as always, my hair felt wonderful. She gave me a sample to use at home and this would be the true test, as to how good this product was...simply because after my visits to Joyce, my hair always feels great and I am never sure if it is the K mist or the treatment products or just the fact it has been professionally washed and dried!

Before I used the product I did some research and by all accounts the product has been very well received, so much so, that it has won several international awards and some highly acclaimed rave reviews, so would mine be any different?



The product is not exactly new as it was launched early in 2011...in fact Kerastase

have just launched overseas their New Elixir Ultime Grand Crus range, which takes

 the product to a whole new level, but more of that once its launched in SA.

For now though let me tell you about the product itself....firstly the packaging is all gold which immediately give you a sense of "Luxury" and the price is also "Luxury" retailing for R420 for a 125ml bottle....however do not be put off by the price as one drop of this Elixir really does go a long way and 125mls would last me for 6-9 months which would make it very viable for me!

From the onset you must understand that The Elixir K Ultime Oleo-Complexe

Technology is a powerful cocktail of emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients 

from Maize, Pracaxi, Camellia and Argan oils.

  • Maize Oil: Extracted from corn germs of Central America, Maize Oil delivers emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients for ultimate shine.
  • Pracaxi Oil: Native to the Amazon, Pracaxi Oil brings shine, nourishment and deep conditioning to the hair.
  • Camellia Oil: Harvested in Asia, Camellia Oil helps smooth the hair fibre, resulting in incredible shine.
  • Argan Oil: Found in North Africa, Argan Oil helps restore strength to the hair and protects it from external aggressions

All of the above make this product the most wonderful, great smelling, versatile nourishing "dry" oil that will smooth, strengthen, deeply condition and give your hair the ultimate shine on all types of hair. The product is lightweight and leaves no oily residue on the hair whatsoever...

This product can be used in so many different applications:
  1. Use as a before shampoo treatment to remove impurities and deeply nourish
  2. post-blow dry smoothing aid 
  3. Use as a finishing touch for enhanced shine and frizz-control.
  4. Apply as a leave-in conditioner
  5. Can be used on damp or dry hair
  6. Apply multi-use elixir to dry ends throughout the day for ultimate smoothness.

So in answer to my question earlier "will my review differ?" 
No! I absolutely love this product, as it delivered on all of the above, on hair that has been highlighted,blow dried and ironed for more years than I care to remember.....so much so, it may make my "Must Have" list!

To read review on K Mist click here

No comments:

Post a Comment