20 September 2012

MY LITTLE BIT OF PROVENCE IN JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA



If ever you are looking for accommodation in the Rivonia area of Johannesburg I can highly recommend the Bellgrove House....tired of staying at the usual chain hotels I decide a change was needed. I actually ended up staying at Bellgrove due to an overbooking in the nearby Bed & Breakfast where I had stayed several times before....I must say after a long working day I wasn't impressed when I arrived and the receptionist explained the situation, so me being the accommodating sole that I am.....tongue in cheek! I made the short journey to Bellgrove where they had booked me in as my replacement home for the week.

As soon as I arrived and was very efficiently welcomed by Rhoda, I knew immediately that this was a good alternative...which now meant that the previous B&B had lost a regular...sorry!
The "cherry on the top" for me is when you are sitting in the peaceful, Lavender fragrant garden you could quite easily be mistaken into thinking you were in Provence France...and that feels good....




There are seven spacious suites that are spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated by the owner Irene Bell who hails from Scotland....You can see that attention to detail is Irene's forte... .and she really does make every guest feel very welcome with all those extra little touches that the larger hotels fail to offer.

Your "delish" breakfast is cooked to order and can be served out on the patio amongst the beautiful rose bushes & overlooking the pool ...what a great way to start your day!
I have stayed several times at Bellgrove & Irene and Rhoda really do go the extra mile, as nothing is too much trouble....for females travelling on  their own "its a must place to stay".

Oh! I nearly forgot to mention, they can also organise a wonderful male masseur/reflexologist called Quintin to visit in the evenings.....this is a must for me during every stay, as in the evenings I have the time whereas back at home its more difficult... but that's a post for another day!


Prices start at 


Standard Suites (Inclusive of a full breakfast & vat)








      For more info and rates visit




Single R865.00 per night
Sharing R545.00 per person per night

No comments:

Post a Comment