7 October 2018

PIXI BY PETRA LIPLIFT MAX {REVIEW}

I've been meaning to write a short review about the LipLift Max from PIXI for
 such a long time. 
I received this item in my 2017 Marks & Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar and I thought
 I'd better get writing, as the new M&S 2018 Calender is due out on the 6th November.

*If you would like to see my pick of some of the 2018 Beauty Advent Calendars 
that have been launched during September & October*
 Click Here

Even though the PIXI brand isn't available in South Africa, I'm sure many of you that are into your beauty may have heard about their iconic PIXI Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner, which I have used for a couple of years now and I highly rate
Click Here 

Here is what PIXI say about the LipLift Max:

Volume-maximizing lip treatment with a cooling sensation and glossy finish
Peptides hydrate, firm and plump
Added aloe heals, jojoba moisturizes and chamomile soothes
Fresh mint flavour
Not tested on animals BUAV approved

Sadly I can't rave about this LipLift the same as I can about the Glow Tonic
 and despite having a menthol cooling effect on the lips, which I enjoyed,
just found the texture to be quite sticky and rather unpleasant. 
Like many lip plumping products they just give a short lived illusion that
the lips are plumper via ingredients like menthol, spicy extracts and in some cases
chilli pepper (Capsaicin).
These stimulating ingredients increase the blood circulation to the lips giving
 you a temporary feeling of fuller plumper lips.


There are 5 subtle shades on offer of this Lip Plumper and even though my shade 
Honey Sheen wasn't an ideal shade to use alone, I popped in under/over other lipsticks.

Whilst I would purchase more of their skincare products I wouldn't look to buy 
any of their make-up items, I think in a market that's absolutely saturated 
with interesting and innovative make-up products, I think I can spend my money 
more wisely elsewhere.

PIXI

LipLift Max

R
N/A

£
12

$
14


Available at selected Marks & Spencer or online


No comments:

Post a Comment