27 January 2019

MY TOP 5 MAKE-UP PRODUCTS 2018

During 2018 I found myself reviewing and trying more make-up products
than I have in any previous year, making this a tough category to keep to
only 5 items.
I've discovered many new products and brands that I've incorporated into my
make-up bag for daily use, but here are my 5 most used and loved items.
As always to read my full reviews click on the Pink Links


1.

Urban Decay 
BACKTALK Palette


Having been caught out, in the past, by a couple of hyped up products from various brands I was a little wary of buying into this eyeshadow and blusher palette
 unseen online from Urban Decay and then they
opened a store literally on my doorstep and all resistance crumbled.
Having now bought several products from Urban Decay I have to say I'm
 absolutely loving this make-up brand.
I knew that this palette would make it onto my Top List for 2018
after a just a couple of uses, as that's how much I love this collection of eyeshadows,
blushers and highlighter, it's as though it was made for me.
I reach for this palette daily, all shades are used and it makes a perfect travel companion, however this was a limited edition and I'm already panicking as I've hit pan on a 
couple of shades.





2.

Urban Decay
VICE Cream 
Lipstick



Another Urban Decay products has made it onto this list in the form of the
Vice Lipstick, which again I just adore the texture and this particular shade Violate
makes it my go to since purchasing it.


3.

L'Oreal
Unlimited
Mascara


Again I just knew early on that this was a mascara for me.
I love the formula and the fact that the wand can be angled, so much easier for
application.
 I've already bought "back up" stock on my recent trip to the UK and hopefully
we won't have to wait too long for it to be launched in South Africa



4.

L'Oréal
Bonjour Nudista
Awakening Skin Tint
I had been searching for sometime for a product that gave me that
"no make-up make-up" look, you know the kind I mean, well I found it
with this skin tint from L'Oréal, sadly it's not available in South Africa.
(I have contacted L'Oréal PR to try and find out about several of the products
that I've reviewed to see if they're scheduled to be launched in SA or not, but
sadly to no avail)
I do reach for this product most days and its also great to mix in with my
usual foundation, just give an extra glowy radiant look to the skin.

To read my full review



5.

BioNike
Defence Colour
Blusher



Now BioNike is not a brand that you would automatically think of for make-up
unless perhaps you had sensitive, rosecea or intolerant skin, which I do not have,
 but I was sent this blusher at the beginning of last year,
from their Defence Colour range and I found myself
reaching for it everyday that was until the Backtalk palette came along in the 
middle of the year.
I found it to be such an easy,quick to apply and flattering everyday shade.
There you have my Top 5 Make-up products for 2018, let me know in the
 comments below if you have tried any of the above.

To read my full review

To read all my Bionike reviews


2 comments:

  1. Lovely selection of products. We can only hope that these L’Oréal products do make its way to South African shores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi it's amazing just how many L'Oréal launches n products we don't see in SA. We can but hope...

      Delete