26 February 2020

QUICKIE PRODUCT REVIEWS {QPR'S} FEBRUARY 2020


I cannot believe that it's already time for my February QPR post.

I have two products from the Italian skincare brand BioNike to tell you about, specifically for those mature skins experiencing hormonal changes.
Its also estimated that during the next decade 65% of cosmetic sales will
come from the more mature user.
 I have said on my blog many times that BioNike is a brand that you really
 cannot go wrong with when looking for effective, affordable and easily
accessible products for sensitive or allergy prone skins.

I also have a slightly disappointing product from my normally much loved
Dutch wellness brand
 RITUALS...



1.

Brand : BioNike
Product : Defence My Age Renewing Night Cream
Price : R345
Size : 50mls


Launched last year the BioNike Defence My Age range comprises of 3 products
that are all beautifully packaged in midnight blue glass, which looks extremely Luxe
and I have been lucky enough to put 2 to the test.

Formulated to strengthen skins resilience and enhance your beauty after the age of 50
 by improving skin’s natural ability to cope with ageing and effects caused by those
inevitable hormonal changes.
Based on the Skin Resiliency Complex, it is enriched with Japanese cedar extract 
and every dry skins's best friend, Shea Butter and Hyaluronic Acid.
 Formulated for mature skin to counter skin dryness, dull skin tone 
and loss of skin compactness caused by a drop in hormone levels.
The rich, soft and fast-absorbing texture comes with a delicate floral-marine scent
and is a range to certainly consider if your skin is looking for hydration,
suppleness and radiance.




Verdict :  8/10


~~~~~~


2.

Brand : BioNike
Product : Defence My Age Intensive Renewing Serum
Price : R415
Size : 30mls
Available : Exclusively at Dischem


If you haven't yet introduced a face serum into your beauty regime and you are over 
the age of 50 then I highly recommend you look into this one.
Serums always contain the most concentrated of active ingredients.
As with the other 2 products in the My Age collection the serum is based on the
 Skin Resiliency Complex, it is enriched with Argan extract to enhance the 
effects of both the night and day treatments. 
The serum can be used daily under both.
 It has a silky, fluid texture and as with the day & night cream it has 
the same divine floral-marine scent
This trio of products work together to counteract skin dryness, 
loss of radiance, compactness and suppleness caused by a 
drop in hormone levels. 
The skin is left smoother, radiant and more supple.


Verdict :  8/10


~~~~~~


3.

Brand : RITUALS
Product : RITUAL of HOLI
CREAM ON 
NOURISHING BODY CREAM
Price : £6.90
Size : 100ml


I have over the last couple of years purchased several products from
The RITUALS of AYURVEDA range and have raved about them, however
part of my 2019 LOOKFANTASTIC Beauty Advent Calendar contained
a 100ml size of The RITUAL of HOLI Body Cream, which sadly 
I'm not going to rave about.

Infused with the scent of Pink Grapefruit and Flamingo Flower I found the fragrance 
to be sweet, delicate and pleasant.
The formula of the body cream is where my disappointment lay and despite
the claim that it's a rich, nourishing cream I didn't find it to be so.
I  don't have particularly dry body skin and despite applying to slightly
damp skin as they recommend my skin just didn't feel well nourished.





Verdict :  4/10




1 comment: