17 February 2020

MAYBELLINE DREAM URBAN COVER FOUNDATION {REVIEW}

This was another product that I received via my cosmetic mule prior to Christmas
 i.e. my London Kiddiewink, as its not available in South Africa.

The 
MAYBELLINE 
Dream Urban Cover 
Flawless Coverage Foundation 
reminded very much of the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream 
firstly because of its packaging,
 but there are also many similarities with the foundation functions and benefits.

Having reviewed the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream several years ago I was keen to
put the Dream Urban Cover to test and I will compare the two in a future post for you







Launched back in early 2019 
makeup meets skincare with the NEW Dream Urban Cover all-in-one protective foundation. Maybelline's first full coverage foundation with a lightweight, barely there feel combined with SPF 50 broad spectrum physical sunscreen.

Product Benefits & Features:
  • Enriched with anti-oxidants: Vitamin E, Vitamin B3 & baicaline
  • Helps to form a protective shield against pollution
  • Full coverage foundation
  • Dermatologist tested. 

    Suitable sensitive skin. 
    Non-comedogenic. 
    Clinically tested to lock in moisture.

  • Despite having this product since mid December I've only really got into using it 
    over the last couple of weeks and it was certainly put to the test during my holiday
    last week in Dubai.

    This foundation is best suited for normal/dry skin types and despite having a 
    medium/full coverage it has an extremely lightweight, breathable 
    and comfortable feel.

    The fluid formula made for a super quick application that was easy to blend 
    and was buildable if needed.
    However I was not prepared for such a flawless natural looking finish.
    I happily found it to be long wearing and still looked good at the end of an 8 hour
     day of walking around the sights of a busy Dubai.

     The Broad Spectrum SPF50 was well and truly tested, as I forgot to apply our sunscreens
    on the one occasion and despite my hubby getting sunburnt on his face, mine 
    showed no signs of sun exposure whatsoever.
    Its always recommended to apply a sunscreen under foundation even if your foundation contains an SPF, rather double up and thankfully on this day it was the foundation's
     SPF that saved my skin.
    If you live in a highly polluted city then multi tasking foundations with built-in
    protective pollution shields are always a welcome addition.




    The shade selection is fairly good, offering over 20 shades and I took somewhat
    of a risk and went for the shade 220 Natural Beige and luckily it's a perfect
    shade for my colouring.





    I will write a comparison post between this foundation and the
     IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream soon, but for now I was suitably impressed with the
    Dream Urban Cover foundation, especially more so, as I'm not generally
    a huge fan of Maybelline products.
    If however a high SPF in a natural finish foundation is your major concern then 
    I can highly recommend...



    MAYBELLINE
    DREAM URBAN COVER
    FOUNDATION
    30ml


    R
    N/A in SA

    £
    10.99

    $
    10.99





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment