18 March 2013

MY MONDAY IN BEAUTIFUL CAPE TOWN {Part 1}

Last week Monday I was in beautiful Cape Town and what a glorious day it was.The skies were well....
sky blue, the sun was burning bright and there was no wind, a more perfect weather day, you couldn't have asked for!

Bantry Bay

Salt restaurant at the
Ambassador Hotel

My day began with a "slap up" breakfast at Salt in the Ambassador Hotel in Bantry Bay, overlooking the rocks below and the relatively calm waters of the cold Atlantic sea! Then it was onto the V&A Waterfront to take in the sights, drink in the vibey atmosphere and of course a little retail therapy was on the agenda. Even though I have been to Cape Town many,many times, I still enjoy, just sitting and looking at this view,which I believe takes some beating! Table Mountain provides such a wonderful backdrop for any photo opportunity...

View from the V&A Waterfront


View from the V&A Waterfront

I must tell you that it looks much better from afar rather than up close and personal,by this I am referring to my hike up the mountain a couple of days previously!This I will blog about another time.....

After several hours of shopping it was time for lunch....so onward it was, to meet my longtime friend Sharyn. We met at Harvey's at the Winchester Mansions Hotel just a couple of minutes away from the V&A, which is a Bistro by day and restaurant by night offering South African cuisine with a European twist. Harvey's has a great terrace which runs along the front of the one half of the hotel and these are the "hot" seats...and I mean this literally! Not only do they offer the view across Beach Road, the promenade and out to sea, which are highly sought after at the weekends and sun downer time, but the terrace can be very hot, as it was, on the Monday I was there! They have several umbrellas to shade you, but as usual I always end up playing musical chairs, trying to dodge the searing Cape sun!


South African Cheese Platter

The obligatory Strawberry Daiquiri was ordered to cool me down to read my SD review click here and we decided to share a South African Cheese Platter. The platter was perfect for two to share, as a light lunch option, as it offered us selection of local cheeses, grapes, biscuits, breads, blueberries, walnuts, gherkins and much more and it was most enjoyable at R75. It was a pity we had to leave, as I was very settled watching the world go by and nibbling on my cheese like a happy little mouse!

To Be Continued.......

For more info click on the links below:

Ambassador Hotel
V&A Waterfront
Harveys at the Winchester Mansions Hotel






No comments:

Post a Comment