13 August 2019

L'ORÉAL PARIS INFAILLABLE MORE THAN CONCEALER {REVIEW}

L'Oréal Infaillable More Than Concealer 
is a recent launch here in South Africa, so as always, I feel I have buy one and put it to the test, just in case I'm missing out on the next "best thing" in concealers.

This concealer forms part of the hugely successful L'Oréal Infallible stable of make-up products and one of my personal faves when it comes to foundations

To read my previous reviews 

INFAILLIBLE 24HR FRESH WEAR FOUNDATION REVIEW 

INFAILLIBLE 24HR STAY FRESH FOUNDATION REVIEW

I purchased the Shade Cashmere, as it was a shade lighter than my natural skin tone
and it would hopefully be ideal for under eye concealing, as L'Oréal recommend.

This concealer however does make some serious claims:

Whatever your concern; blemishes, dark circles, uneven skin tone, we’ve got you covered with our NEW More Than Concealer. With 25 shades in the range you can find the perfect one to brighten, correct, contour & highlight, that’s why it’s our More Than Concealer.

Are we perhaps turning the concealing "corner"  with this latest multi-tasking product,
as it literally seems to offer everything in one?

The high pigment and elastic formula provides full coverage
 Natural matte finish
Ultra-blendable formula
Long-lasting weightless wear
Available in 25 shades (only 12 in SA)
Large doe foot applicator 



The positives about this product:

1. I really like the large doe foot applicator, its a nice alternative to the usual slimmer versions.
2. It says its full coverage and full coverage it is, so if you've got serious pigmentation,blemishes etc. to conceal then this is the one for you.
3. I cannot disagree with regards to long wearing, as it is, especially when used on the face.

The negatives about this product:

1. My major task for a concealer is to help cover up or at best diminish the appearance of dark circles under my eye area, but sadly this was the products downfall.
I should maybe mention here, that whilst I don't have major dark circles, I do have and being more mature, I want a concealer to both conceal and brighten that area.
2. I found the formula to be feel heavy under the eyes and not lightweight as they claim.
3. I experienced that "cakey" look as it settled into my fine lines and creases, so much so it gave me an aged look, not what I was looking for.
4. As an under eye concealer it performed poorly on the concealing front and I soon saw the product splitting and the darkness showed through

As you can see below this multi-taking concealer has several ways of use and I blended with both a blender, brush and my good old fingers, so here's a run down of 
How to Use

1. 
Using a shade that matches your skin tone, apply a small dot of More Than Concealer directly on to any blemishes or imperfections and pat in using your finger or makeup brush/sponge. 

2. 

Using a shade a level or two lighter than your natural skin tone, swipe your More Than Concealer under your eyes and blend out to conceal dark circles and help brighten your under eye for a youthful, lifted look. 


3. 
Use a shade two to three levels darker than your skin tone to contour & help add dimension to your face. 

No doubt there will be many of you, that have tried this product, that will disagree with me totally and that's ok, but for me this isn't a concealer I would personally recommend to anyone that is looking for a great under eye concealer and brightener, so regardless of age steer clear if you have plenty of lines and creases under the eye.

On the other hand if you are looking to cover pigmentation, blemishes and even out the tone of the skin then this is a great long wearing cover product.

With age I'm not sure if I'm just becoming harder to please or whether I'm just
not as easily impressed, because here is yet another concealer review that I'm unimpressed with.

Perhaps the products' name "More Than Concealer" led me to believe that this 
really could be the one and disappointingly for me it wasn't, as it's trying to be 
"all concealers to all people".


L'Oréal Paris 

Infaillible 

More Than Concealer

10ml

R

130

£ 9.99


$

12.95






No comments:

Post a Comment