3 February 2022

MY TOP 13 SKINCARE PRODUCTS 2021 {PART 1}

I'm rather late in announcing my annual
 TOP 13 SKINCARE PRODUCTS OF 2021
As I did in 2020 I'll be splitting this post into 2 parts and I've
decided to increase it to 13 products this time.

For me 2021 proved to be a great year for skincare, as I've tried 
some great products and in my opinion all of these 13 skincare items
 are worthy of a place on 
this list and equally as worthy of a purchase.

You may also notice that my list of 13 products, feature one brand
more than any other and that's ELEMIS.
It's been my 2nd year of discovery with this British Luxury skincare brand
and I've been loving every product, as it just delivers on the needs of
my mature ageing skin and my skin responds so well, its a
brand that I highly recommend.
I must have reviewed around 14 ELEMIS products and the fact that
only 2 were PR gifts and the rest were regular purchases, speaks
volumes about both the brand and my unbiased reviews.

I do however highly recommend that you read my original reviews on
 each product below to find out all the product info and more on my thoughts.

I have already posted the following "TOP" lists, so if you would
like to see what else I highly recommend.


Always a good place to start, here are my Cleanser recommendations
and no surprise here, as I have included 2 products from ELEMIS.



1.

As the first product in the Pro-Collagen skincare routine the
 ELEMIS Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm 
is also a much loved award winning cleansing product.
This cleansing/treatment balm, for me, offers a triple experience for the skin, 
it's a very luxurious and effective deep cleansing oil,
 it also nourishes the skin like you
 would expect a balm to and finally it hydrates the skin like a cleansing milk 
and this along with its divine menthol/herbal fragrance just adds to the
 appeal of this product.
This cleanser turns the mundane cleansing stage of your skin care routine 
into a what feels like a super indulgent "spa like" deep cleanse.
 I Highly Recommend if you are a lover of Cleansing Balms as they 
don't come much better than this..



2.

My 2nd cleansing recommendation from 2021 is the
ELEMIS PRO-COLLAGEN ENERGISING MARINE CLEANSER 
and it's a recent addition to their hugely popular PRO COLLAGEN range.
This energising gel cleanser effectively removes daily grime, 
make-up and impurities, whilst leaving skin with a youthful glow.
I find it to be invigorating and cooling and perfect for my morning cleanse.
It made light work of make-up and worked well with my cleansing milks, 
if I used as a pre-cleanse.
The gel feels luxurious, as did the lather that it created and I enjoyed
the convenient pump, as it enables you to control the amount that you
 dispense and a little goes a long way.
If you are prefer a gel type cleanser then this is one I suggest you check out.






3.

Next up is a Micellar Water and being a huge fan of the iconic
Bioderma Micellar Water, so it's not easy to find one that I can recommend
 that beats or even matches the Bioderma one, but this product from
 French brand NUXE is worthy of a mention and a Beauty Shout Box recommendation.
NUXE VERY ROSE 3in1 SOOTHING MICELLAR WATER
I wasn't expecting to enjoy this Micellar Water as much as I did.
I suspect I was misled, as to the efficiency of this product, by the 
delicate pink packaging and soft rose scent, but don't be fooled as
 this Micellar Water is up there with the best 



My Top skincare recommendations would not be complete if i didn't
 include exfoliating products and during 2021 these 2 seriously
impressed me. 



4.

I love to try new skincare brands and this is my first product
I'm trying from the French skincare brand PATYKA.
PATYKA DOUBLE ACTION SMOOTHING SCRUB
is a multi-purpose care product that can be used either as an enzyme mask to
 gently exfoliate the skin thanks to its fruit acids or as a mechanical scrub to 
be massaged onto the skin.
Its one of those large granular type of exfoliators, which personally I prefer, 
as it leaves your skin feeling 
super clean and incredibly soft, smooth and bright, it also preps the skin 
to receive whatever face mask or cream you chose to then apply.
I even go as far to say that I rate it a tad better than my 2 much loved
Luxe exfoliators from La Prairie and Exuviance.



5.

As a more affordable option I have been loving the 
RAIN FACIAL EXFOLIATOR
is a relatively new scrub on the block.
As with all exfoliating products they're formulated to remove dead skin cells
and RAIN use ground apricot seeds to provide mechanical exfoliation and
 this product also contains citric acid (AHA) to provide 
natural chemical exfoliation.
If I'm honest I wasn't expecting anything outstanding from this product, yet
once again I have been proven wrong, as I have been pleasantly surprised
 at how effective this exfoliator is and whilst the ground apricot seeds are
 noticeable in texture (which I happen to enjoy) the product is gentle and
does not strip and leave the skin feeling taught and dry.
 This was by far one of the best smelling, the lemongrass & grapefruit fragrance
 is refreshing and positively divine.
Another standout for me is the packaging, it's super slimline tube,
 still houses 50 mls of product, yet it takes up hardly any space and would 
be great for travel.
Overall it's an affordable, easy to use, effective facial scrub, one that would incorporate seamlessly into anyones existing skin routine.





6.


Onto masking and I only have one on this years list and it just so happens
 to be one that I lusted after for so long and I finally got my hands on 
one during 2021
SUMMER FRIDAYS JET LAG MASK
This long awaited product, unlike many super hyped beauty products,
 did not disappoint, as it was all that I expected it to be.
I have tested this product as a mask/leave-on mask and as a moisturiser
and my preferred way is as on overnight face mask (inc. the eye area)
My skin both looked dewy and rested, but also felt perfectly hydrated,
comforted and nourished.
If I was looking to take just one skincare product away with me, then it
would have to be this multi tasking Jet Lag Mask as it makes an 
ideal travel companion.





7.


I do love a facial spray whether it be just mineral water or better still
a treatment spray and in 2021 I fell in love with this
EVE LOM RADIANCE FACE MIST
Enriched with antioxidants that protect against free radicals and other 
oxidative damage that can lead to premature ageing.
An active derived from Wild Indigo provides antipollution benefits to calm skin
 and reduce visible signs of stress caused by air pollution.
It improves skin elasticity and firmness and revives lack luster skin
 and provides a dewy look.
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this facial spray and it turned
out to be all that I wanted it to be and then some.
It's serious skin care in a mist format and it's great as a boost 
or top-up for the skin during the day.



I hope you have found this post helpful and please pop back on Sunday
 to read the 2nd part of 
MY TOP 13 SKINCARE PRODUCTS OF 2021






No comments:

Post a Comment