14 August 2022

CLARINS SELF TANNING INSTANT GEL {REVIEW}

Self tanning products are ideal for achieving a sun kissed tan without 
sun damage and have been around for many years.
My first introduction to a self tanner was in my early 20's and it was
the Clarins Auto Bronzant and whilst it bronzed your skin rather than
turning it orange 
(which so many did in those early days of self tanning products)
it did have that tell-tale fake tan "smell" which was not my best.

Fast Forward: to this past week where I have been trying out a 
sample of the 
Clarins Self Tanning Instant Tanning Gel

Clarins' by infusing their self tanners with DHA, erythrulose and lots of
 natural ingredients ensure that
your skin is treated to a natural-looking, even colour
without the "giveaway" streaks that often associated with self tan. 
Clarins’ self tanners are also specially formulated to nourish and
 moisturise your skin.

What an improvement from those early days, as I found this product,
which has a non-oily gel texture, to be both easy to apply and 
surprisingly moisturising, which meant that it moved around the skin well thus
 allowing you ample time to cover all of the skin that you're wanting to tan.

It's for all skin types and can be used on the face & body, however I have
 only tried it on my legs and arms for this test. 
For an on going tan you can re-apply several times a week to keep
 the colour topped up.


 This product has a cream colour and not a
bronzed colour as I expected and despite its name of "instant" it did 
take a little while to fully develop on me.
I also found that you can apply your clothes immediately after application
without any transfer or staining. 

N.B.
Remember that there is always some preparation
needed 24hrs prior to applying any self tan, in the form of an exfoliation
 followed by a good moisturising.
As always wash your hands well after application so as not to end up with
another of those fake tan giveaway...
 tanned palms.

Despite its lovely initial fresh fragrance it still has an underlying hint of that
 "smell"
 but I can live with it, as I found the bronze shade to be perfect on
 my pale winter skin.
However this maybe too pale for some skin tones though, but you can
 re-apply to intensify the shade.
I would personally recommend getting your hands on a sample like I
 did to test at home.

Whether you are looking for a natural subtle boost or a beautifully
 bronzed glow, this Clarins' self tanning instant gel is a quick way
 to a streak-free, even, golden glow, without the risk of sun damage 
and I've enjoyed
my sample, so much, that I have since placed an online order for 
the full size, so you cannot get a better recommendation
than a purchase...



CLARINS 
SELF TANNING 
INSTANT GEL
125ml


R
450


£
22


$
42


No comments:

Post a Comment