24 March 2019

CAUDALIE GLYCOLIC PEEL MASK {REVIEW}

 I have used an exfoliator/scrub/polisher/peel whatever you like to call it, 
religiously for the past 40 years.
 (Yes 40 years and that's longer than many of you reading this have been around.)

I was first introduced to the importance of this process of manually or chemically removing that surface layer of those drying, dulling dead cells early on in my beauty therapy training. It's a vital part of a good skincare regime and I just wished more people understood that.

It's one product that will instantly smooth and brighten the skin, whilst activating skin cell renewal and allowing for better penetration of any products that follow and all without too much effort. 

My first "proper" exfoliator was the Clarins Doux Peel that I started to use weekly way back when I was working part time in salon whilst also at training college and it's still a product I alternate with today. 
(However I have just realised that I've never written a review about the Clarins Doux Peel in all my nearly 7 years of blogging, so I will have to rectify that very soon)

As you can imagine I have tried so many exfoliators in my time and I'm always on the look out for new ones to trial.
Depending on the type of exfoliator and brand determines whether I use once or twice a week, but rule of thumb is to aim for once a week and you will be amazed at what a difference this one addition will make to your "Skincare Journey".


As I'm on a roll with Caudalie at the moment I had to include my thoughts and opinions 
on their Gyclolic Peel.
I've included this peel in my current skincare regime 2 times a week for the past month as per recommendation. 
Apply this facial mask twice a week to dry skin, avoiding the eye contour area.Leave on for 10 minutes then rinse with water.
Can be used on all skin types

This non-drying, creamy mask delivers a 10-minute instant home facial, that gentle buffs away dull, dead skin cells and brightens dark spots to reveal a brighter, smooth complexion. Natural, time-release glycolic—an alpha-hydroxyl acid (AHA)—gently exfoliates dead skin cells,revealing a softer, smoother skin.
 Viniferine® is a secret brightening ingredient that is clinically proven to lighten dark spots 62 times more than Vitamin C. The formula is enriched with papaya enzymes to invigorate and illuminate. Together, these powerful ingredients support natural cell turnover and collagen production. 
 Formulated with 85.7% natural origin ingredients, this quite luxurious, non-irritating and gentle mask was perhaps a little too gentle for me, however that being said I did find my skin, post use, to be significantly brighter, smoother and softer, but I find that with most good exfoliators, so it didn't do anything for my skin that was exceptional.


Overall I do like this mask and I'm enjoying using it, but I doubt that I will re-purchase in the future, as with time I've progressed onto more active peels etc.that I can do at home, but that being said I highly recommend this  gentle product as an intro to exfoliating products.
If you don't currently include an exfoliating type product in your regime then now it the time to start doing so...
as 10 minutes can make such a difference.
Dermatologically and ophtalmologically tested.
As with all Caudalie products it contains no parabens, phenoxyethanol, phthalates, mineral oils or animal-derived ingredients are used.


Caudalie
Glycolic Peel
75ml

R
Available at Skins Cosmetics Sandton
Unfortunately their website is still so I don't have a price
for you. 



£
22



$
39



20





No comments:

Post a Comment