10 January 2021

MY TOP 3 DISAPPOINTING PRODUCTS 2020

It's that time of the year again where I share my "TOP" series of
 posts with you and I'm kicking off with my "not so good" picks of 2020. 
During the course of this month I will be posting
My "Top" Skincare, Make-up and Hair & Body recommendations.

I have been writing these posts now for the last 5 years and they're a
round up of the best products, in todays case the worst, that I have 
tried and tested during the last year.

Despite 2020 being a very different kinda year I still managed to review
many beauty products.
That being said I don't just review any beauty product that I'm asked to 
and I often, very kindly, reject PR product that's offered to me, if it isn't
a good fit with me, my blog and ultimately my reader.

Here on Beauty Shout Box I will never recommend to you a product that 
I have personally not used myself.
If you have been around Beauty Shout box for a while you will know
by now that I do love my luxury brands, most of which I purchase
and this enables me to be very open and honest in my views and opinions,
as I am not obligated to the brand/PR in any way.

My beauty purchases are always considered and I very rarely
 spend impulsively on beauty products without doing some research etc. 
beforehand and due to this approach I can only manage to list 3 products
during 2020 that truly disappointed me.

I do however highly recommend that you click on the Pink Links to read 
my full and detailed reviews, so you are better informed.








1.

SORBET
CHIC & QUICK
DRY SHAMPOO


2020 saw me use more dry shampoo than ever before, as I was just
too lazy to wash my hair as often and a spritz of dry shampoo just kept 
me going for another day.
Not being a daily user of Dry Shampoo, it is a product that I always have
on hand for those emergencies and its been that way for the past 
10 years or so.
I have reviewed several and in my opinion the better ones are those that 
 spray a fine mist of product onto the hair and ultimately appear to be invisible,
whilst doing a good job of absorbing any excess oils and freshening the hair 
in both appearance and smell.
My absolute favourite dry shampoos are unfortunately from the more 
expensive overseas brands, so with this in mind I decided to look
to support a local brand that's readily available.
For me this product failed on the most basic requirements of a dry shampoo.
For all the details as to why I have not even finished this product,
 please click on the link below
 


2.

LUMENE
NORDIC HYDRA
MOISTURE PLUMP
LIP BALM


During 2020 I tried 3 products from the affordable FINNISH skincare brand
LUMENE and whilst two of them I adored and can't wait to get my hands 
on more (Heads up - the other 2 products have made it onto 
My Top 12 Skincare Products list for 2020, 
which is being posted soon.)
This Lip Balm was sadly a huge fail for me.
It was only one small step up from using vaseline on my lips and the
chemical smell and taste was just too awful and again
this is a product that I have not finished, which speaks volumes
as I hate waste of any kind. 
To read my full review Click here



3.

L'OCCITANE
IMMORTELLE PRECIOUS
OVERNIGHT MASK

I seriously cannot believe that I'm including a product from L'Occitane on
My Top 3 Disappointing Products post.
Many of you will know that I worked for L'Occitane for several years, so
this hurts me to include this once great product.
Sadly this product went though a name change and reformulation
(previously the Immortelle Cream Mask, which was a fantastic product)
 but in my opinion the change was not for the better.
To add insult to injury, fans of the previous product are not getting
anything nearly as nourishing or multi functional, the product quantity 
has been cut from 125ml to 50ml and the price is a 
whopping R1000+, so despite me being a huge fan of all things L'Occitane
I was extremely disappointed with this product.
To read my full review

*However another Heads Up, I do highly recommend a L'Occitane face mask
which will appear on my upcoming Top 12 Skincare Products 2020*


Please let me know if you have any comments on any of the above, 
as we all have different
tastes, likes and opinions on products and I would love to hear yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment