12 January 2021

MY TOP 6 MAKE-UP PRODUCTS 2020,

 My 2020 list of top make-up items seems to be dominated by
two brands, URBAN DECAY which is no longer available in South Africa,
and that makes me very sad, as they have a newly launched product that 
I wanted to try, so it means more is going to be added to my 
overseas shopping list, 
which by the way is growing longer and longer, especially as travel has all but halted 
for the last 10 months and doesn't seem to be on the cards anytime soon.
The other brand is BYTERRY and thankfully that's available exclusively
in store and online at Metro Cosmetics

I have kept this category very tight this year with only 6 of my absolute 
cannot live without products appearing on this list.
In 2019 I included 10 faves as I really couldn't narrow 2019's list down.
If you would like to see what appeared on that list then click here

As always I will include the Pink Links for those that want to read my original
full reviews before making any purchases, especially on the more Luxe products.
I hope you find this post helpful...




1.

VITA LIBERATA
BEAUTY BLUR

This beauty blur is perfect for that flawless, natural, no make-up look and I'm 
simply obsessed. It provided a great canvas for the application
of bronzer, blusher etc. and it's simply a "do it all" skin optimiser and without 
doubt worthy of a beauty splurge. 
The perfecting weightless formula glides on effortlessly, delivering a sheer tint 
that miraculously covers and corrects the appearance of imperfections to 
leave skin looking naturally radiant and I was blown away by how well it 
worked even on my mature skin.
It was my go to product during lockdown and sadly its now finished, so
 I predict yet another pricey purchase is on the cards.


2.

URBAN DECAY
STAY NAKED
CORRECTING CONCEALER

I cannot deny that I've been a HUGE fan of URBAN DECAY since its launch here
 in South Africa a couple of years ago and sadly it hasn't been able to 
"stay the course" 
during COVID or survive in the notoriously difficult South African beauty arena.
Bottom line this is a good correcting concealer

Under advice I opted for 30NN a light neutral with a neutral undertone, 
which seemed to be an ideal shade for my skin tone.
The Stay Naked concealer is a buildable, full coverage concealer that is
 long wearing (up to 24hrs),waterproof and doesn't transfer.
I enjoyed that it had a breathable, flexible formula and didn't look cakey, 
or dry despite giving a matte finish.
This is one of those concealers that will always be a permanent feature in
my wardrobe of concealers.






3.

BYTERRY
HYALURONIC HYDRA 
FOUNDATION

BYTERRY products came into my life at the end of 2018 and my collection
has grown steadily over that time, as has my love for all things BYTERRY. 
During 2020 I was lucky enough to add a product that had been on 
my wish list or beauty radar since the start of 2020.

Promoted as hardworking, luminous and weightless, which I 100% agree with, 
the Hyaluronic Hydra-Foundation floods skin with moisture, delivering 
seamless coverage with an ultra-fine texture. 
As I'm getting older I find myself gravitating more to a treatment foundation,
one that has skincare benefits combined with a more natural 2nd skin feel 
and one that doesn't settle into my pesky lines and wrinkles and I think
 BYTERRY have nailed it with this product.


4.

ZELENS
YOUTH GLOW
FOUNDATION

This was not a planned purchase, in fact I had never heard any 
blogger/beauty editor talk about it and even though I knew of the brand,
 this product was certainly not on my beauty radar.
I was introduced to the ZELENS YOUTH GLOW FOUNDATION by means
of a sample that was sent to me with my order of the BYTERRY foundation
above and the sample was enough to convince me
 that this "Youth Glow" foundation was all it said it would be and more.

ZELENS Youth Glow Foundation is perfect for skins lacking luminosity and vitality or anyone who is concerned with visible signs of stress, dullness and loss of elasticity. 
Provides long-lasting, natural light-to-medium coverage, it felt remarkably lightweight, yet nourishing on the skin and I kept catching glimpses of my skin in the mirror and couldn't help thinking how radiant and smooth my skin was looking and I
loved what I saw...
I'm happiest when skincare and colour combine in a product and this for me
 is my
 "Happy Product".







5.

BYTERRY
OMBRE
BLACKSTAR
COLOR-FIX CREAM
EYESHADOW

Whilst the BYTERRY Foundation was on my radar, this 2nd BYTERRY
 product to make onto this list wasn't!
I was kindly sent this as a PR product and have gone onto order another
one in a different shade.

This easy-to-use (and it really is) eyeshadow pen contains Tahitian 
black pearl extracts, allowing the stretchy formula to glide smoothly 
and effortlessly onto eyelids in a single stroke. 
 The light reflecting formula brightens and lifts eyelids and as a mature 
user I need all the help I can get, especially from eye products.
The two shades that I own are a perfect duo, as the lighter shade 
provides a wash of colour over the eye area and the darker shade 
is used to provide a darker line around the lash line.
They quite simply make applying eyeshadow a breeze, even for the novice.




6.

URBAN DECAY
PERVERSION
MASCARA

Mascaras are one of my make-up weaknesses and I cannot deny it, especially
if you see how many I have reviewed and written about over the years of 
writing my blog.
The PERVERSION Mascara for URBAN DECAY seriously impressed me, as
its an intense black, ultra-creamy, lengthening and volumizing mascara that 
glides on beautifully and is buildable, stroke after stroke.
It contains ingredients known to stimulate lash growth and provide deep nourishment for the lashes.
If you want bigger, blacker, badder lashes then the PERVERSION Mascara
 is one to check out.



Please let me know if any of these are also your favourite make-up products
as I would love to know.




No comments:

Post a Comment