17 January 2021

MY TOP 12 SKINCARE PRODUCTS 2020 {PART 1}

For fear of sounding like a stuck record,as I say this every year, 
"this is my favourite post to write" and the most time consuming,
 as I love to reflect on the skincare products that I have tried and reviewed 
during the previous year and despite 2020 being somewhat difficult, I have reviewed some wonderful skincare products and better still I have discovered 
some interesting new brands.

2020 
 appears to be the year of "masking" for me and it wasn't intentional,
but I suppose with more time on my hands I was able to focus on those 
extra mid-week pamper sessions. Despite trying several other face masks
 during the year, these 4 have made it onto this years 
My Top 12 Skincare Products 
list and as I look at my choices each one 
 performs a slightly different function and therefore each, has its times of need
depending on what my skin requires at the time.
My "Masking Wardrobe" is certainly growing and I'm loving it...

Due to me increasing the product count to 12, I am going to load this post in
2 parts otherwise it makes for a very looong read.

For all the full reviews click on the Pink Links below




1.

AVÈNE 
SOOTHING RADIANCE 
MASK


I still can't get over the fact that I was so late to the party with this face mask
and despite hearing great things I only got to try for myself in the early
part of 2020, but as the saying goes "better late than never".
This "No Rinse" Soothing Radiance Mask is a true moisture bath that leaves
 your skin, even the eye area, feeling refreshed, calm and comforted. 
Ideal for application post peels, after sunburn, if your skin feels tight, irritated, 
or just simply dehydrated and dull.
Perfect SOS product for those skins that become disturbed during travels.
To read my full review


2.

ZELENS
TRANSFORMER 
INSTANT RENEWAL
MASK

Zelens is a new find for me in 2020 and this is the 2nd of their products to
make it onto my TOP lists.
Check out my TOP 6 MAKE-UP PRODUCT 2020 to find out which other Zelens
product I highly rate Click here

This unparalleled anti-aging mask was developed by Dr. Marko Lens for his 
tailor-made "Red Carpet" facials, so I was expecting something special
from this mask and it certainly didn't disappoint, far from it, as it exceeded
all my expectations and coming from me that's quite some praise...
This hi-tech mask encourages skin renewal with immediate visible results and
 is perfect for that special occasion (not that we have many of those these days) 
or for that extra special skin pamper and truly deserves its place on this list.
For all the details Click here


3.

LUMENE
NORDIC HYDRA
AERATING GEL MASK


This mask from the Finnish skincare brand LUMENE was like no other that 
I had ever used. The innovative airy water-gel formula is my choice when
I feel my skins needing an instant surge of hydration that results in my 
skin feeling comfortable, fully hydrated, super soft and supple
LUMENE is an affordable Nordic brand that I would love to discover more
of their very appealing products. As you will see in part 2 I have another
LUMENE product that makes this list.
To find out more about this mask Click here


4.

L'OOCITANE
INVIGORATING FACE & EYE 
MASK


This mask appealed to me from the onset, as I love a mask that can also be
applied around the eye area. I originally purchased their mono dose pod that
allows for a couple of applications, which obviously led to a full size purchase.
This mask is Ideal for all skin types, this face & eyes mask and promises to immediately revives tired skin 
(dull complexion, dehydrated skin, under-eye puffiness) 
and provides protection and hydration to the skin.
For that extra reviving/refreshing effect I store mine in the fridge.
For all the details Click here





 




I have grouped my favourite eye products of 2020 together as I have 
two to share with you.
As more and more skincare products are becoming multi functional,
 I am still a huge fan where eye products are concerned and whilst new formulations allow for multi tasking products to be applied around the eye area
 it doesn't negate the use of a specific eye product.
I have applied eye treatments daily now since my early 20's
and as I've aged my concerns and product type have obviously changed, but thankfully the skin around that area hasn't changed or aged as badly as he could have, so I have no regrets about taking that extra care and time to apply an eye cream or remove my eye-make-up with a specific product.

1.

GATINEAU
FLORACIL
GENTLE EYE MAKE-UP REMOVER


This eye make-up remover is a throwback moment for me, as for many years
this was my favourite product and for some reason I fell out of love with it and moved onto others.
2020 saw me re-ignite my love for this eye make-up remover and I'm happy
about it, so much so, its made it onto my prestigious list.
I was impressed by how quickly it dissolved my eye make-up, even the most stubborn of my mascaras, whilst leaving no residue behind rendering it an 
absolute breeze and pleasure to use.
As always click the Pink Link to find out more



2.

GLAMGLOW
BRIGHTEYES
ILLUMINATING & FATIGUE 
EYE CREAM



This eye cream is actually a carry over from 2019 and despite using it
at the end of 2019 I only wrote and posted my review in early 2020.
This product never came to South Africa despite us having GLAMGLOW.
(Sadly GLAMGLOW is no longer available in store and I doubt for much longer online)
BRIGHTEYES is an illuminating eye cream formulated with a wonderful cocktail
 of effective peptides, caffeine and an intense infusion of hyaluronic acid 
to instantly brighten dark circles and reduce visible signs of fatigue around 
the eyes for a super well-rested, glowing look. 


I have 6 more skincare products to share with you in Part 2 Coming Soon

I have already posted the following TOP lists for 2020




Share with me in the comments below if you also love any of my choices
as much as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment